New to Forum - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New to Forum
Monday, September 14, 2020 5:19 PM
Hi there everyone. Just got myself a 97 Sunfire Vert with the 2.4 and automatic transmission. Wanted something fun and economical to drive around town and to work. I live in North County San Diego. So far I'm very pleased. 124k original miles, power window and top all work. Windows are kind of iffy. Sometimes they dont want to go back up, but it's a 23 year old car.

Everything is original except some minor parts in the engine bay. I mainly joined the forum here to find out about replacement parts (parts that interchange between years and other car models. I've read the Chevrolet Cavalier shares a lot of the same parts as its built on the same platform?

Anyway, for now things are good except for the gauge cluster. Only the speedometer works correctly and there are a bunch of lights on. I figure since this will need replacement I could also see what else I could price out and potentially need to replace down the road. This is also a second car for me and I'm pretty mechanically inclined. I've worked on all my cars in past, even did a few engine swaps and custom turbo builds.

I don't intend to do anything to this car except some things to make it more economical. Whatever I can do to get higher MPGs and keep it running another few more years.

Re: New to Forum
Sunday, September 27, 2020 11:37 PM
Welcome to the club. Weight reduction can improve mileage, but I don't know if it is possible on your car.
Re: New to Forum
Sunday, January 31, 2021 8:59 PM
So what are the things you've done to improve the mileage?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search