the new guy - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
the new guy
Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:34 PM
just thought i would say whaz up .my name is rich and i have a 98z24 has a new jdm body kit,autometer guages,monster tach and shift lite,and a set of coilovers.have lots of plans.love the site.

Re: the new guy
Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:38 PM
GOD DAM NEWBIES, finish your registry, you have been on here for a week and a half, take a minute and finish it, it doesn;t take that long. Plus that way we can see what the heck your ride looks like. Write it up man, and welcome to the .ORG You will be spedning lots of time here. Have fun.

I am what I am and it is what it is.
I am the 2nd most untrusted person in the world next to a lawyer,welcome to our dealership, may I help you?
Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:43 PM
Tell me again how a DOMESTIC car like a Z24 has a JDM body kit. As far as I know JDM is only for imports like Honda. Correct me if I'm wrong(and I mean that) but you can't get JDM parts for domestic cars. It's the same way you can't get Mopar parts for a Honda Civic. Let me know...
Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:57 PM
^^^The cavy was exported to Japan under the toyota name. It had more luxury options and a sweet looking body kit.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:58 PM
Oh and welcome to your new addiction.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:31 PM
thanks fellas registry is straight.
Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:56 PM
another 4 door. allright. lets see some pix man. and welcome.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:57 PM
Welcome to the Rich. If you have any questions or need help, just ask and we'll do our best to help you.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, October 21, 2005 4:00 AM
Welcome Rich. Would just like to know how a 1998 Z24 is a 4 door? I got a 98 Z and it is only a 2 door.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Friday, October 21, 2005 4:35 AM
^^^^ ive seen quite a few z24 4 doors actually. they are rare(r), but do exist, in fact. i would love to have bought a 4 door z with manual...sweet.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Friday, October 21, 2005 4:49 AM
Welcome, Rich.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA

Friday, October 21, 2005 7:40 AM
Quote:

^^^^ ive seen quite a few z24 4 doors actually. they are rare(r), but do exist, in fact. i would love to have bought a 4 door z with manual...sweet.

Yeah, they were made in 2002, otherwise they never made any other year a Z-24 in afourdoor, except maybe for the canadians.

I am what I am and it is what it is.
I am the 2nd most untrusted person in the world next to a lawyer,welcome to our dealership, may I help you?
Friday, October 21, 2005 8:06 AM
Omar Delara wrote:Tell me again how a DOMESTIC car like a Z24 has a JDM body kit. As far as I know JDM is only for imports like Honda. Correct me if I'm wrong(and I mean that) but you can't get JDM parts for domestic cars. It's the same way you can't get Mopar parts for a Honda Civic. Let me know...

next time think before you talk. they make (well made) toyota cavaliers, hence JDM parts such as

body kits (trd kit)
trd wing
tail lights
corner lights
mirrors
center consoles
fenders
back seat
misc. caps for engine bay
steering wheel
gauge cluster
the infamous rhd

everything cane be found here

Friday, October 21, 2005 11:14 AM
werent z24s only in sedans in 2000-2002?

-Borsty
Friday, October 21, 2005 1:36 PM
where at, in the us, canada or japan? my mom has a 00 z24 coupe

Friday, October 21, 2005 3:50 PM
welcome to your new home know simply as "the org".

Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:07 PM
"next time think before you talk. they make (well made) toyota cavaliers, hence JDM parts", first of all welcome to the site Rich, and ignore people acting like a little girl when answering someones questions. I've never seen a "Toyota Cavalier" in Florida before. But I guess since they make " (well made) parts", I better watch what I write... oh, I mean I better watch what I say.
Sunday, October 23, 2005 11:27 AM
Omar Delara wrote:"next time think before you talk. they make (well made) toyota cavaliers, hence JDM parts", first of all welcome to the site Rich, and ignore people acting like a little girl when answering someones questions. I've never seen a "Toyota Cavalier" in Florida before. But I guess since they make " (well made) parts", I better watch what I write... oh, I mean I better watch what I say.

lol you dont know much do you? where did anyone say there was a toyo cav in florida? all im saying is they make jdm parts for cavaliers, which would be the toyo cav parts which are all avalible from gm since every toyo cav was made here in the us and shipped to japan

Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:39 PM
soul horse wrote:^^^^ ive seen quite a few z24 4 doors actually. they are rare(r), but do exist, in fact. i would love to have bought a 4 door z with manual...sweet.

As far as I know, all Z24s for the US were 2 door. The only thing the US had in a little bit sporty version with the 2.4L was the 4 door LS model, none badged as a Z24. Canada is the only ones that I have heard that have 4 door Z24s. Maybe the ones you are seeing came from Canada.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Monday, October 24, 2005 5:24 AM
I did some research during the night. The only year that they made the 4 door Z24 for the US was in 2002. My Bad.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Monday, October 24, 2005 5:40 AM
Omar Delara wrote:"next time think before you talk. they make (well made) toyota cavaliers, hence JDM parts", first of all welcome to the site Rich, and ignore people acting like a little girl when answering someones questions. I've never seen a "Toyota Cavalier" in Florida before. But I guess since they make " (well made) parts", I better watch what I write... oh, I mean I better watch what I say.

Omar, calm the hell down.

the toyota cavalier was made for a short time and shipped to Japan. they DO NOT EXIST in the united states, so no, you wouldn't have seen one over here - just keep in mind, the US does not have every model of every car known to human(un)kind.

now, before someone asks, GM and Toyota have always had a partnership...and their progeny is as follows:

remember the old Nova hatchback thing? that was a Toyota Corolla. so was every generation of Prizm.
The Pontiac Vibe is a Toyota Matrix.
Toyota tried (unsuccessfully) to sell the Cavalier in Japan under their moniker. it didn't last, but TRD did make some stuff for it.
the new VVT technology in the HHR and 2.4L Cobalt? that came from Toyota as well.

now, will everyone take a fire hose to their vaginas and stop being so prissy?

pirates kick ninja asses, f00

Monday, October 24, 2005 12:27 PM
well said ^^^^^

Monday, October 24, 2005 2:46 PM
thanks for letting me know and not answering like an arrogant person
you learn something new everyday, i guess
Monday, October 24, 2005 7:00 PM
well if you're rude to someone without actually knowing the truth, then you'll get rudeness from people.

before you make any sort of assumption, do research. it saves you from embarrassment later on..

pirates kick ninja asses, f00
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 2:54 PM
I didn't get embarrassed but when I asked... that was my research. I wasn't correcting him, I was asking questions so I know in the future. thanks for lettin' me know.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search