Blown fuse = dead battery? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Blown fuse = dead battery?
Monday, August 27, 2007 9:26 AM
Just like the topic says, can a blown fuse drain from a battery causing it to die? I just bought my battery about two weeks ago and replaced my alternator back in February. I stopped by my garage earlier today to grab something in my car and noticed the dome light wasn't on when I opened the door. I put the key in the ignition and to my luck, no power.

Now I'm stumped. Do you guys think it's a blown fuse somewhere (if that can happen) or maybe a bad ground? Also to add, I do have a remote starter in my car that I received as a gift about one and a half to two years ago. I found a blown fuse in my power wire associated with my under glow, but I haven't used that in like 3 years.

Re: Blown fuse = dead battery?
Monday, August 27, 2007 10:03 AM
a fuse blows to keep current from going through the circuit. in other words, there's no way a blown fuse can drain the battery.

take the battery in to get checked, it might just be a bad battery.

Monday, August 27, 2007 10:25 AM
What about an accessory drain? Like from my remote start?
Thursday, September 06, 2007 7:03 PM
okay... A fuse will break the circuit causing no drain because the power has no place to go. But depending on the fuse it can cause that problem. I would recommend replacing the fuse that broke with the appropriate one.
Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:05 PM
sounds to me like you have a constant power to something and over time just ate your battery alive

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search