New to the J-body scene - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New to the J-body scene
Monday, December 03, 2007 10:54 PM
Whats up guys im new to the whole small car thing. I have a 2000 Cavalier completely stock, this is my first car thats a chevy and my first small car, I have discovered that my car SUCKS!!! the body roll is crazy, i have already replaced the starter and battery, the alternater wines like crazy so does the belt, the rear tires tilt in, the clutch shield rattles, and now the head gasket looks like its going bad. It seems like its only chevy that has these problems, my first 2 cars were ford crown victoria's then i got this car then an explorer. seems to me that the explorer didnt even have the same amount of body roll. and it was 4x4 and higher. I need help with this car because it really has potential for the pics that ive seen on here. i want it lowered and @!#$ but i cant afford it so anyone know any good but cheap parts let me know im also lookin for a club for cars like these. let me know what u all think. Laters

Re: New to the J-body scene
Monday, December 03, 2007 10:59 PM
well post some pics good luck and where are you located

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 2:21 AM
the tile on tires would be camber or toe, depending on which axis they tiltin on....... I sense a need for alignment in the future

Fill out the profile, so people can start informing you of stuff in your area. Pictures of your ride are a must. Show the world how bad condition th at ride is in.

Oh, and welcome to JBO
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 4:29 AM
last time i checked a crown vic was a higher up model then a cavalier theres a reason it doesnt suck as bad as the cavalier. cavalier is a base model car. not to mention you just seem to have bought a lemon. if you can't afford to mod your car wait till you can and with the car you have described i wouldn't mod it at all id spend all the money on making sure its safe to drive on the road.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, December 05, 2007 9:47 AM
sndsgood wrote:last time i checked a crown vic was a higher up model then a cavalier theres a reason it doesnt suck as bad as the cavalier. cavalier is a base model car. not to mention you just seem to have bought a lemon. if you can't afford to mod your car wait till you can and with the car you have described i wouldn't mod it at all id spend all the money on making sure its safe to drive on the road.

I wouldn't even bother with an engine in that condition, replace it. You'll probably want to replace most of the suspension as well, Js have significant body roll, but based off of the rest of the car I would say your suspension is worn out.

Friday, December 07, 2007 4:45 PM
im in Lancaster, PA and like i said my cav is completely stock unlike my crown vic that i had. ill get some pics uploaded as soon as i can, and more than likely the motor will need to be replaced along with the suspension.
Saturday, December 08, 2007 9:47 PM
i wouldnt bother with the car you have .. seems like theres just to much problems with it . if your really heart felt about modding a cavi, i would sell yours and mabe get better model? somethings with less problems. that way you can spend the money on modding one instead of making it safe and drivable.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search