upgrade options - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
upgrade options
Sunday, April 18, 2010 10:17 AM
Hi and forgive a noob. I've read most of the stickys. And looked on the web but having trouble finding lots of proformance upgrades for my 98 cavalier 2.2. I've found lots on warm and cold air ingakes and muffilers. Just not much on the inner workings like cams pistions ect. Or is it better to find a z24 and tranny and go from there. Ty in advance for helping a noob.

Re: upgrade options
Sunday, April 18, 2010 10:59 AM
Oops I put this in wrong forum. Can it be moved to performance forum with out retyping it there?
Sunday, April 25, 2010 6:25 PM
This is the right place to post if your new so dont wry. you'd have to talk to the LN2 guys to confirm this but its hard to find parts for that motor cause well it wasn't really worth it, if you want to make power your going to have to go boost with that motor. If you where to do a motor swap an L61 (ecotec) would be a good choice or an LD9 (2.4 quad). Either way you go you going to need more then just an engine and trans, wiring harness, PCM, engine mounts, and possibly BCM and cluster and more. find somebody in the performance section to give you more pointers if you wanna do a swap.

Also fill out you profile so we know about you and your car.

Welcome to the JBO

Monday, April 26, 2010 8:59 AM
c wiggy wrote:Oops I put this in wrong forum. Can it be moved to performance forum with out retyping it there?

Ty for the info. I think I need to work on what's wrong with car first. Ie. Replacing both front struts,serp belt. Brakes,oil senser, valve cover gasket,also I've got a funny thing with my trans. Its 5 speed man. Sometimes I've got to cluch it twice to keep from grinding. When shifting. Only have to do that after car has been sitting for a bit. Ie first or reverse. Hope its not to serious. Ty
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search