just wondering - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just wondering
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 5:54 PM
Whats some not to intense bolt ons or any kinda power adders you would suggest for a stock 2200 ?

Re: just wondering
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:02 PM
LD9 is a good power adder......

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:21 AM
Nothing. The cylinder head is a bottle neck so to see any gains you have to have that opened up. The stock J-Body exhaust and intake isnt really that restrictive for a stock car. You wont see 15 hp youll just get a noisy car that goes whoosh and whoooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmp.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:47 AM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:whoosh and whoooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmp.

^^ That's actually exactly what a 2200 sounds like.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 11:04 AM
I wouldnt know though

Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:56 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Nothing. The cylinder head is a bottle neck so to see any gains you have to have that opened up. The stock J-Body exhaust and intake isnt really that restrictive for a stock car. You wont see 15 hp youll just get a noisy car that goes whoosh and whoooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmp.

srry brian but that's pretty untrue. the stock exhaust flows like @!#$. crushed bends, 1 7/8"s piping. it's a turd.

and the intake system is restrictive enough. we'll just leave it at that.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:36 PM
Most of the above is true, 2200s are dogs. Best thing to do would do an eco or ld9 swap. What blu is saying about changing out the intake will definitely help, but dont think you'll breaking any records, Once I got my eco, the difference was night and day. the ld9 pretty good also, very responsive to mods.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:42 PM
blucavvy wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Nothing. The cylinder head is a bottle neck so to see any gains you have to have that opened up. The stock J-Body exhaust and intake isnt really that restrictive for a stock car. You wont see 15 hp youll just get a noisy car that goes whoosh and whoooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmp.

srry brian but that's pretty untrue. the stock exhaust flows like @!#$. crushed bends, 1 7/8"s piping. it's a turd.

and the intake system is restrictive enough. we'll just leave it at that.

Maybe on an Eco maam. Look at an LN2 head. The Eco head outflows an LN2 head significantly. I dont think the noisiness is worth the power gain. Exhaust is a complementary mod IMO. It complements what I have done to the car. But Ill be getting a CAI just so I can do my wire tuck and clean up the engine bay.

Friday, October 01, 2010 4:25 PM
oh i'm not debating which head flows better or worse, the ln2 head is absolutely horrible. i was just saying that j's exhausts flow terribly.

Friday, October 01, 2010 4:34 PM
blucavvy wrote:the ln2 head is absolutely horrible

Twin cams are gay. Gay like Elmo on Jay's car.

Pushrods is where it's at son

Friday, October 01, 2010 5:02 PM
Mike wrote:
blucavvy wrote:the ln2 head is absolutely horrible

Twin cams are gay. Gay like Elmo on Jay's car.

Pushrods is where it's at son

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search