New guy... no 56k - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New guy... no 56k
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:41 PM
Well, I figured since now I'm an owner of another J-body, I'd join up.

I picked up a '01 Cavalier base model from a friend of a friend for $200. It got rearended, but other than that it's in perfect driving condition. Not a speck of rust anywhere on it, and it's silver. I plan to slowly bring it back to life. I had been looking for a decent fuel mileage car for winter since I don't drive the Conquest/Starion in the winter, and my Durango only gets 13mpg

I'll be entirely honest, I was never a fan of J-bodies. Still am not a HUGE fan, but I'll slowly make this car something halfway decent to drive. I'm spoiled by my Dodge Durango that have every option that existed, then I hop in my '01 Cavalier and don't even have cruise control.

Anyway, I have quite the collection of cars so I'll keep the pics to a minimum.

Heres the Cavi, which will soon get an LS sport rear bumper, and POSSIBLY an 03+ front end swap if I can find a car at the junkyard in the same color. Yes, I need a new passenger front door too and my bumper needs the two bolts that hold it to the fender (which I will get this weekend, I forgot when I picked up the spoiler).

I did knock the bumper out and banged the quarter panel back out as best as I could, but I will likely replace the quarter panel in the springtime.

My '99 Durango 4x4 SLT+ 5.9L Supercharged

My '88 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R 2.6L Turbo 5-speed (Yes, the plates came off this car for the Cavalier)

My '88 Chrysler Conquest TSi 2.6L Turbo 5-speed running 22psi of boost with lots of other mods. Needs paint but I just haven't had the time.

My '78 Trans Am currently has a somewhat stock 455 installed, but I've been putting together a well-built 400 that should put this car in the 11's.

Anyway, that's pretty much it about me, I'll probably be spending more and more time here as the time goes on.

Re: New guy... no 56k
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:30 PM
so almost everything you own is boosted? lol damn lucky man you are.

Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:47 AM
Looks just like my dd lol nice ta

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:28 AM
very nice collection! love the T/A. my mom has a 78 T/A as well its pretty much still stock tho but i have always loved the 77-78 T/As

Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:54 PM
azncav wrote:so almost everything you own is boosted? lol damn lucky man you are.

Friday, October 15, 2010 7:49 PM
Pics of supercharger on durango or GTFO....in all honesty I just wanna see how its setup....PICS!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, October 15, 2010 8:02 PM
welcome

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search