What is the easiest Engine to swap into my 97' coupe 2.2l Manual tranny - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What is the easiest Engine to swap into my 97' coupe 2.2l Manual tranny
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 5:54 AM
So lately i have been getting kinda tired of my 97's 2.2l engine, and was wondering what i could swap into it with the least ammount of custom fabrication, I have looked around and cant really find any deffinite answers, also are there any turbo setups i could grab off a car at the junkyard and put in my car, and if so which parts will i need to buy.

Re: What is the easiest Engine to swap into my 97' coupe 2.2l Manual tranny
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 12:21 PM
No turbo setup unless you find one that already had it done.

Easiest motor would be an LD9. For a pre '00 eco swap, you need to switch over everything. BCM, Engine harness, Interior harness....Everything. V6 swap will require alot more custom work...

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:40 PM
Mike wrote:No turbo setup unless you find one that already had it done.

Easiest motor would be an LD9. For a pre '00 eco swap, you need to switch over everything. BCM, Engine harness, Interior harness....Everything. V6 swap will require alot more custom work...

^that....96-98 LD9 swap requires the engine, tranny, ecu, and engine harness. pretty simple

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:16 PM
Mike wrote:No turbo setup unless you find one that already had it done.

you can run an ECO on an LN2 harness now, but its pretty involved but works well if boost is in the future, the biggest pita is welding in the new mounts.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, December 16, 2010 5:48 AM
So which year year and model eco exactly? and could i just pull the engine and tranny out at a junkyard or should i buy it off someone
Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:12 PM
you'll need to buy more than just a motor, best bet is to fined a complete car at the junk yard to rape. check out our old eco vert thread, in photos and media. we did the same swap last winter on that car. only thread i can think of off hand.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search