cam for 2003 sunfire and 2.2 ecotec engine? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cam for 2003 sunfire and 2.2 ecotec engine?
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:12 PM
ok i was wanting to know if i could just put in stage 1 comp cams and not have to do anything else. i have tusudo header,k&n wai and a magnaflow exhast...should i do cams now or is there a better suggestion to get a little more power till i get the money for a super charge witch is coming real soon....

Re: cam for 2003 sunfire and 2.2 ecotec engine?
Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:12 AM
The stock valvesprings cannot handle any aftermarket cams. They have to be replaced. Supertech's 78lb kit is your best bet.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:21 PM
Jason carrier wrote:ok i was wanting to know if i could just put in stage 1 comp cams and not have to do anything else. i have tusudo header,k&n wai and a magnaflow exhast...should i do cams now or is there a better suggestion to get a little more power till i get the money for a super charge witch is coming real soon....

if your'e going to be supercharging at a later date your'e going to want these.

http://www.allecotec.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_44&products_id=136&osCsid=887eddfcf886148808f93b43e9c7d8a8

those stage 1's will be useless to you with boost. and not to bash the product completely but they're basically useless all motor as well. save your money for the blower.

you could look into an underdrive crank pulley, b+m shiftplus/short throw shifter (depending on your tranny type), or start looking into some suspension/drivetrain mods and focus your performance money specifically on the charger.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:58 PM
cool thanks for the tips i have my car lowered with eibach springs.....i think i will just wait for the money to get the blower that should get me round 200whp right?
Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:02 PM
what you guys think bout the ralco rz short shifter also?
Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:57 PM
Jason carrier wrote:cool thanks for the tips i have my car lowered with eibach springs.....i think i will just wait for the money to get the blower that should get me round 200whp right?

no aftermarket struts?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, February 11, 2011 1:55 PM
yah sorry i koni....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search