First view - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
First view
Monday, June 06, 2011 9:39 PM
I am kind of new on here. Have made a few posts so far but never showed my car. I have a 2001 bright red cavalier sedan base 2200. Bought this car with 94,000 miles on it in 2008.

A little after I got the car my sister ran into it in the driveway.

A week after I got my bumper replaced I hit a deer and thought it was done. But because insurance didn't cover it I just fixed it myself.

Got LSS rims, and put new BFG G-force tires on them. Also put on some led fog lights.

Since then I have painted the hood red, and put on a red z24 spoiler. Nothing big done mechanically yet. Plan on putting a LSS lip kit, eibach sway bars, and finally getting my airbags fixed. I do not plan on heavily modding it because I like the stock/sporty look on cavaliers, but i'll do little things. This week I should be painting the door handles and mirrors to match the car.

Enjoy, comments welcome.

Re: First view
Thursday, June 09, 2011 10:51 AM
Looks like a good start!

Friday, June 10, 2011 5:19 PM
Andrew Knotts wrote:This week I should be painting the door handles and mirrors to match the car.

Leave the mirror sails black .

Monday, June 13, 2011 5:59 AM
I left the sails black. They flow better with the rest of the side of the car. All I have to do is get rid of the orange peel with some wet sanding now.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:02 PM
always tell the insurance company, "a deer hit my car". Then it is not your fault, they cover it, no at-fault accident on your record, and you're good to go.

when it rains, it pours, right?! glad to see you got it fixed! for stock rims, those LS Sport ones look good in chrome!
whatsnext for it?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:32 PM
Either way insurance wasn't going to pay for it since I have liability insurance. Got the mirrors/handles color matched to the car. I got my lss lips and skirts AND hardware. Just waiting till I get some body work done before I installed them. Installed the rear sway bar, and will do the front soon because I just got the sway bar clamps in the mail today. Might get tint if I have the money.

Saturday, July 30, 2011 3:29 AM
Very nice start.

I vote go low!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:19 PM
As much as I would like the way sedans look dropped, I don't want to drop the car because it is my only car and I need to drive in the snow.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 9:31 PM
good luck with the project, I wouldn't mind finding a set of those wheels there. Just a heads up though, the LSS lips aren't lips at all, they are whole bumpers. I got an 03 lss "lip" but only because I cut it off a wrecked one
Saturday, August 20, 2011 9:40 PM
For the cavaliers that came before 2003 the lips were separate. I actually have it sitting in my garage right now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search