VERY ODD Headlight Issue, Please Read... - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
VERY ODD Headlight Issue, Please Read...
Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:05 PM
Ok so i dont even know if this is a good spot for this. Or even where im supposed to put this... Im new to J Body but not so new around a GM.. Lol.

Ok to start. I bought the car and the headlights were lets say, "Jimmy Rigged"... (AKA Hooked up to a toggle switch above the heater vent on the far drivers side.)
It worked but i had no high beams. Well trying to fix that kicked me directly in the @$$..
Back to square one: i had removed a front headlight wiring harness from another Z.
When i installed this new harness there was 2 "Relay like" boxes that were "cut off". I noticed in my harness that was installed on my car the 2 boxes were there. So; since my harness was mangled from the moron in the electrician/mechanical department who owned the car before me, i decided to cut these 'boxes' and replace them with 'Color Coordination' on to the new harness. Taped all the wires up wraped then in the plastic sleeves and installed the harness and all plugs in to correct place..

Now the tuff part. (well for me anyway)... Test Time

Results as Follows:

**With Key Off**
Park Lights - Both signals light up in bezel, no other lights
Lights On - headlights, both signals in bezel, no other lights.

**With Key On**
Switch off - no lights on
Park lights on - bezel shows both turn signals lit up, tail lights lit up. No other lights
Light switch on - headlights on. Both signals lit up on bezel.

Left turn signal - is slo - both bumper lights are flashing dimly. Rear tail flashes same as corner
Right turn signal is fast - corner light flashes, no bumper lights light is bright

Hazards - both corners flash bright, bumpe lights both flash (seeming dimmer) drivers dimmer than pass. 

Fog lights do not work AT ALL!

**With Car started**

Lights off- yellow headlight flashes in th dash, 

Parking lights- yellow headlight light still flashes, tails on no front lights both turn signals on in bezel pass side corner on, no bumpers. No drivers..

Lights on - Jus headlights. Both turn signals on in bezel
Left signal same as when car is not started. Normal speed. May seem faster
Right signal still blinks fast no bumper light

Thanks to ANYONE reading this as you may have atleast a bit of insight on how i can get some lights back in my car.
Hopefully i put it in the right location and hopefully ididnt miss anything.
I also teated another "Relay" in each one of the 4 slots in the harness but no changes during each test cycle...

I'm Stumped...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search