Left blinker wont flash when useing brake and hazards freeze when stepping on the brakealso - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Left blinker wont flash when useing brake and hazards freeze when stepping on the brakealso
Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:53 AM
I did use the search, my issues are a bit different than most posted in a few ways and the car has also been in two front impacts also.

Ok well first I will say I have changed both the front and rear lights, checked all fuses and even changed the flasher under the dash, I also switched the taillight plugs in the rear to make sure they wasn't at fault.

(1) The left side blinker works fine until you step on the brake and then it freezes and don't blink, the front amber/yellow glows steady and brake light works.
(2) The right side works 100% as it has since the car was new when my mother got it in 2000
(3) The hazard's work fine "until you step on the brake and then the right and left side quits and goes solid.

It was my Stepmothers car and she got it new in 2000, I have no ideal how long it's had the issue with the left side blinker and flasher issues. I got the car in Jan of this year after she passed away or I would have asked her when it quit working.

The reason I said I would have asked her is because in 2004 the car was in a passenger side front impact and then in 2010 the car was in a left front impact.

The car had bad luck with the front end as you can see.

I was thinking that when the last front end impact happened it might have caused the issue "smashed fender/headlamp/parking light/edge of hood and front bumper cover, it was repaired and looks like new again, but I'm still wondering if there is an issue there before I replace the Headlamp/turn switch.

Both of the front end impacts the car was parked the last time was the worse the first on the passenger side was just a patched fender.

Do I need to remove the bumper cover to find and look at the harness for the lamps and to find the grounds or are they easy to locate with the bumper cover still on it.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Left blinker wont flash when useing brake and hazards freeze when stepping on the brakealso
Friday, November 04, 2011 3:54 AM
i'd say look at the harness, and if you don't have a multimeter, you're going to want one.

they're worth their weight in gold when diagnosing electrical problems.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search