Newbie looking to clean up the interior - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newbie looking to clean up the interior
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:38 PM
Hey everybody, I've been lurking around a bit and am glad to finally join the forum!

Here's my problem: I just got a 1997 Cavalier coupe with a pretty dirty interior. It's not horrendous, but still nowhere near as clean as I'd like it to be. I'd like to restore the interior(trunk included) to as close to new as I can while also keeping the costs low(below $100). I've totally emptied out the car and will be using a shopvac next chance I get to clean out most of the crumbs and other debris.

But I'm uncertain about how best to clean the carpeting, seats, plastic parts, and windows(I'm guessing Windex will work fine for the windows at least). Any tips/suggestions about methods and products for cleaning those areas would be great. Thanks!

Re: Newbie looking to clean up the interior
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:49 PM
for that kind of money your best bet is take it to a shop and have them wet dry the whole car and detail it for you, and for that amount theyll usually wash and buff the car

Modding my j since I found the org
Friday, October 14, 2011 10:44 PM
I agree with alejandro. Pay someone to do it for you. Or you could always just buy whatever products you see for interior cleaning.
Monday, October 17, 2011 12:42 PM
If the carpet is really bad just invest the money and rip out the old one and install a new one. It will be just over $100 but well worth it, or just pay to get it detailed by a pro like the others have mentioned..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search