Just an introduction - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just an introduction
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:52 PM
Hi everyone, newbie here, my names Eric. Im new to the forums. Done quite a bit of stuff to my 03 sunfire myself, such as converting it from an SL to a GT. e.g GT seats, dual exhaust, GT emblems, and a power sunroof is in the works. I`ve given it a few other goodies as well such as aftermarket tail lights, made my own performance hood (will add pics when i get around to putting it on the car). I absolutely love finding new little "jobs" that add to the ever changing work of art that is my sunfire. I`ve been looking around for a few hours now and am REALLY loving the works of art that you all have made.

P.S: I also now know what Jbody means, which I think is a real accomplishment

Re: Just an introduction
Thursday, November 24, 2011 12:30 PM
Welcome to the JBO Eric! Post some pictures of your Sunfire when you get a chance.

Friday, November 25, 2011 9:22 AM
in for pics of this hood

Friday, November 25, 2011 9:40 AM
dxdean3 wrote:in for pics of this hood

x2. (hoping it's not going to be stick on hood scoops)

Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:46 PM
Its not a stick on hood scoop, its a scoop that i am currently in the works of fiberglassing onto a new hood....the scoop itself is similar in style to the ones off the old Z28 camaro`s from the 60`s.....as for pics of the car as is now, they will be up in the next few days
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:08 AM
Alright, i spent some time cleaning it all up today as its a very nice day outside currently and here the long awaited pics of my 03 Sunfire!

Pause for dramatic effect

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:17 AM
sunfire2NV wrote: I`ve given it a few other goodies as well such as aftermarket tail lights, made my own performance hood (will add pics when i get around to putting it on the car)t

sunfire2NV wrote:Its not a stick on hood scoop, its a scoop that i am currently in the works of fiberglassing onto a new hood.....as for pics of the car as is now, they will be up in the next few days

Welcome. I think you will fit in just fine here..

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:04 AM
not feeling the rims or tail lights at all, i notice you have an ns plate, where are you from in ns?

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:00 PM
I'm from Cape Breton specifically, and the car came with the Neon snowflake rims, I dont rly have the money to spend on new ones so i just got them powder-coated that color in Halifax which was supposed to be a lighter shade but hey, im used to them....i guess they`re kind of an acquired taste....lol
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:26 PM
Not sure which gave me more of a funny look on my face...that Firebird sticker or the rims. Be careful when walking around the back of the car so as to not trip over the tail pipes sticking way out lol. I kid. The tail lights I can live with. It is red though which is my favorite color for a car. Welcome!

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:44 PM
sunfire2NV wrote:I'm from Cape Breton specifically, and the car came with the Neon snowflake rims, I dont rly have the money to spend on new ones so i just got them powder-coated that color in Halifax which was supposed to be a lighter shade but hey, im used to them....i guess they`re kind of an acquired taste....lol

damn, im from down in windsor, was gonna say we could meet up once i have my sedan road ready and inspected lol

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:08 PM
welcome

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:42 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone, and yes, red is my favorite color too (+20 horsepower)

Let me just say that its gonna be interesting to see how much flaming goes on because of what i say next.........

As for the firebird emblem, I guess i owe ya's an explanation for that one. It basically started out as a joke someone made when i first brought it home and im from a small community and people LOOOOOOVVVVEEE to talk, so basically a few people told their friends the story and now the whole town knows my car as the "Firechicken". I'll explain: My dream car is a Firebird/Trans Am and its what I always said id get for my first car....then I found this car, which is capable of facing the challenge of winter, and that's basically where the name came from.....which i personally find much preferable to "@!#$fire" or "Sunflower".......So I made it official, with door sill plates and the Trans Am emblem.....Its not a real cool name like Shadowfire or Fire2NV (which i kinda did rip off for my username) but I didn't wanna rip off other people's ideas, and i`d say the firechicken is definitely unique
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:22 PM
sunfire2NV wrote:Its not a real cool name like Shadowfire or Fire2NV (which i kinda did rip off for my username) but I didn't wanna rip off other people's ideas, and i`d say the firechicken is definitely unique

Aren't you just ripping off a nickname for another car?

People have been calling Fire-birds a Fire-chicken since before you were born after all.

Inside jokes aside, stickers, and especially that one, make a car look cluttered and tacky.

Then again, that makes the pin striping, tail lights, and rims look right at home...

Thursday, December 01, 2011 1:46 PM
that names been around since before i was born? really?! thats awesome!
Friday, December 02, 2011 1:51 PM
If you tint the tails and blinkers or just left the stock tail lights on , painted the wheels black with red lip , tint the windows all around . also if the tips were flush with the car ,lower the car it would look better. and ditch the pin stripes and stickers . paint the wiper arms black . Not bashing the car ,just needs alittle work and it would look better
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search