New from Columbus - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New from Columbus
Thursday, December 01, 2011 9:23 PM
Hey everybody,
I just joined recently after picking up a DD 1996 2.2 coupe. The car seems to be in good working order. The red exterior has a few dings and one rust spot on the passenger side lower quarter panel. I'm hoping to learn body and paint this spring so this Cavalier may be a Guinna pig for that. The engine has 161k on it, no oil leaks, but some fatigued hoses(upper radiator). It appears the PO changed the oil and filter, plugs and wires. What normal maintenance items should I now approach? I haven't searched yet. The car pulls strong the right at any speed, that will be addressed in the coming weeks. The shocks at all four corners seem due for replacing(spring time drop?). That's about it, oh wait the blower resistor is shot. It's all or nothing with the heat the past couple of days so that's on the list as well. I hope to chime in on the some of the great posting I have seen so far, especially the pics.
Thanks for having me
Rodney

Re: New from Columbus
Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:52 PM
Hey Rodney Im from Columbus as well.

Normal maintenance should include oil change, tranny flush (maybe) plugs wires changed, maybe thermostat and waterpump. All of that is preventative maintenance with that many miles.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search