Newbie with a 98 z24 - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newbie with a 98 z24
Sunday, April 19, 2015 8:40 PM
Hi all I'm Ricky from p town colorado. Just bought a 98 z24 because I wanted to start a tuner / daily driver honda basher. I owned a 96 cavvie when I was 19 and it was bad ass until I blew the motor racing it. So here is what I have wrong with it so far. I can drive it currently. Pulls to the left badly so needs an alignment. Sputters and is giving me a camshaft sensor code and a map sensor code. Pulled plug boots and plugs and it had massive amounts of oil on the far left and far right plugs. Clutch even when pushed to the floor is sometimes grinding the gears. Sunroof won't open but you can sometimes hear the motor. Both window motors will go down and up but sometimes quit working. Any help will be appreciated. I am planning on running boost after I get the car sorted and engine rebuilt or find a newer ld9 to swap until I get mine built. So any recommendations for cheaper engine rebuilds and whether or not a $600 turbo from eBay would be worth getting would be helpful. Reply here or you can email me also. I love cavaliers and this is my third as I had a 2 door 2200 96 and a 2005 4 door and now my 98 z24.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search