94 Cavalier 2.2l base model - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
94 Cavalier 2.2l base model
Thursday, January 21, 2016 3:41 PM
Hey guys, totally new here but i am the second owner of a 1994 chevy cavalier 2.2l 4 cylinder and I love the car, bought it at extremely low milage as the original owner bought it brand new and drove it only to church and the grocery store (56,700 original kms on body and engine) now sitting at about 64,000 as it is my daily driver but i love the body and the interior of the vehicle but i want more power and sadly its an automatic and not super fun. Can anyone suggest a good build or drivetrain/engine swap? I would like to drop a 5 or 6 speed tranny in it if possible. Is it even worth it? Thanks in advance!

Re: 94 Cavalier 2.2l base model
Friday, January 22, 2016 7:11 AM
An easy upgrade would be to find a 1994 Cavalier with a v6/5speed stick and swap it in. Really any 2nd gen v6/5 speed will swap over though GM did change little things almost every year. Nice find on the granny mobile, I had bought an old lady owned 1989 cutlass supreme with only 48,000 miles on it in 2001 though I sold it after it became a bi-monthly money pit. Check out then 1st gen and 2nd gen forums here.

Re: 94 Cavalier 2.2l base model
Friday, January 22, 2016 3:37 PM
Thanks Spike, will do. I have a boneyard thats really close ill have to check it out!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search