track requirement for no2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
track requirement for no2
Thursday, March 24, 2005 9:38 PM
this is a newbie/race ? so i thought better suited here. what does a track require to run when nitrus equiped?

Re: track requirement for no2
Friday, March 25, 2005 8:10 AM
Nothing much really... only thing is if the bottle is inside the car ie not in the trunk then you need to run a Blow Down Safty Tube... besides that thats about it. Oh yeah some trakcs might also be looking for the DOT approval off the bottle.. depending on how anal they are about it.

Friday, March 25, 2005 8:22 AM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:Nothing much really... only thing is if the bottle is inside the car ie not in the trunk then you need to run a Blow Down Safty Tube... besides that thats about it. Oh yeah some trakcs might also be looking for the DOT approval off the bottle.. depending on how anal they are about it.

Karo would u mind expalaining a blow down saftey tube for us new guys.

Friday, March 25, 2005 8:59 AM
well im not karo, but i think i have a good grasp on the blow down tube.........as far as i know it ataches to the valve on the bottle, and if the bottle should need to burst open from excessive heat or whatever, instead of blowing up and hurting you, this valve in the blow down tube opens and vents all the nitrous out of that tube and out of the car, becaue the end of the tube is outside the car, therefore preventing injury to you.......if you play paintball its basically a burst disk with a tube hooked up to it

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, March 25, 2005 9:54 AM
ok, thats what i was wondering, i'd heard something along those lines... and i was under the impression, that the dot wouldn't have anything to do with regulting no2?
Friday, March 25, 2005 4:07 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

Friday, March 25, 2005 4:28 PM
Depending on the bottle you have it may already come with it or it may not.

More or less its like a pressure safty switch thingy. Once your bottle pressure goes over 1900 PSI then it blows all the n2o out before the actually blows up the bottle... well the tube is connected to the valve which is lead outside of the car so all the n2o can go out side the car...

If you need pictures let me know I will try to get some of my setup....

Friday, March 25, 2005 5:26 PM
i'd love to see karo, specially sinse i will prolly wind up coming to you for my setup
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search