auto x rims - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
auto x rims
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:20 PM
I have been reading this forum alot but still have a few questions.

I am going to get a new set of rims and tires. I want to spend less than $1000. I decided on 16" rims and azenis. I drove a car with azenis and think they will be a good auto x and summer street tire. I have very heavy 17"s right now and want to go with a light weight 16"s. In my price range I think k1's would be my best bet. Are there any other options to keep me in this price range and stay light weight. Any suggestions are appreciated. Sorry if this should have gone into rim and tire but I want more of a racing perspective.

Re: auto x rims
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:35 PM
I would use a 15" wheel. Smaller wheels = better acceleration.

A 205/50/15 is the same width as the 205/55/16's and is 1.8" shorter overall.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:04 PM
Chris Carney wrote:I have been reading this forum alot but still have a few questions.

I am going to get a new set of rims and tires. I want to spend less than $1000. I decided on 16" rims and azenis. I drove a car with azenis and think they will be a good auto x and summer street tire. I have very heavy 17"s right now and want to go with a light weight 16"s. In my price range I think k1's would be my best bet. Are there any other options to keep me in this price range and stay light weight. Any suggestions are appreciated. Sorry if this should have gone into rim and tire but I want more of a racing perspective.

Where have you seen K1s in 16"?!? And why have you settled on 16s?

Zach wrote:I would use a 15" wheel. Smaller wheels = better acceleration.

A 205/50/15 is the same width as the 205/55/16's and is 1.8" shorter overall.

205 anything is a terrible size for our car, not wide enough given our weight. Definately needs to be a 225.

Lightweight honDuhs can kiss my fat Crapalier a$$
A new autoX ride for '08.....
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:28 PM
Well, falken doesn't produce an azenis in a 225/XX/15.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 11:10 PM
i have beretta gtz wheels with 205/55/16 215 azenis.

see ya!

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 3:15 AM
Quote:

Where have you seen K1s in 16"?!? And why have you settled on 16s?

Your right, I have not found it in K1s in 16".

15" in seems to small where I will have way to much sideway to get good handeling. 17"s are too costly for a lightweight set up. 16" seems to be me the best for me. If you disagree please tell me why, I am lookign for soemthing better than I have now, I am open to any and all suggestions.
Thanks

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 3:36 AM
I have 16" beretta Z26 wheels for sale, I used them for autoX. They are an inch wider than the stock wheels on the cavalier. The Z26 wheels are actually the lightest of the beretta wheels

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 3:50 AM
The 15" tires I told you about have the same size sidewall as the 16". If your still planning to use azenis, rollover will not be a problem.

go to: www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html and play with some sizes.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:08 AM
acidburn1022 wrote:I have 16" beretta Z26 wheels for sale, I used them for autoX. They are an inch wider than the stock wheels on the cavalier. The Z26 wheels are actually the lightest of the beretta wheels

How much do you want for the wheels?
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 1:00 PM
A Fox wrote:
acidburn1022 wrote:I have 16" beretta Z26 wheels for sale, I used them for autoX. They are an inch wider than the stock wheels on the cavalier. The Z26 wheels are actually the lightest of the beretta wheels

And how much do they weigh without tires?

Lightweight honDuhs can kiss my fat Crapalier a$$
A new autoX ride for '08.....
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 1:37 PM
If you can pick up a Grass Roots Motorsports magazine nearly every wheel in Disc and Tire racks ads are lightweight. They usually give the weight of the rim in the ad.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 7:34 PM
AutoXFool wrote:
A Fox wrote:

they are 21lbs w/o, the other berettas are 24-26lbs a wheel

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 7:52 PM
bah just get some 17" konig tantrums, and throw some 225/45/17 zenies on em. That will keep you under then 4k dollar mark prollly

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:27 PM
acidburn1022 wrote:
AutoXFool wrote:
A Fox wrote:

mine weighted right at 20lbs on the bathroom scale after i stripped them and prepped them for paint and the 15x7 beretta wheels weigh 19.xx lbs that is the weight on the scale at work. when ever i pick a wheel at work (GMSPO) i like to check the weight on the pick tag V.S. out scale

see ya!

Thursday, April 14, 2005 3:54 AM
novaracer wrote:
acidburn1022 wrote:
AutoXFool wrote:
A Fox wrote:

mine weighted right at 20lbs on the bathroom scale after i stripped them and prepped them for paint and the 15x7 beretta wheels weigh 19.xx lbs that is the weight on the scale at work. when ever i pick a wheel at work (GMSPO) i like to check the weight on the pick tag V.S. out scale

suprisingly enough, those are the lightest of the beretta wheels we figured out, they are 21lbs, the GTZ wheels are 22 lbs, and the W26/GTU/Indy wheels even though being the most exspensive since they are Roh wheels are, 23lbs.

thats where I got the info, its a friend of mine who is big into berettas, maybe he wrong then :p

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 12:58 PM
Joshua Huber wrote:bah just get some 17" konig tantrums, and throw some 225/45/17 zenies on em. That will keep you under then 4k dollar mark prollly

Paid 8700 for my car, not about to put 4K into rims. Bet that is a pretty sweet set up tho.

Thursday, April 21, 2005 6:56 PM
I would have one set of wheel/tires for the street and a different set for the track. You're gonna wear your auto-x tires down pretty quick driving them on the street. i ran 205/50r15's and they definitely had enough grip for my cavy and they were a short tire which gave th car a real quickness off the line and out of the corners. Check this out...hoosiers.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search