my first track day of the season - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my first track day of the season
Monday, April 11, 2005 12:10 PM
well yesterday was the opening day at mid michigan motorplex, and i ran a best of 14.8 @93 mph, 60 foot time was 2.3 . this was done with my 2200 five speed and a 50 shot

Re: my first track day of the season
Monday, April 11, 2005 12:35 PM
Congrats!

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:38 AM
Nice!

Cut down that 60 foot and you're laughing.

Good Job.

1991 3.1L V6 Sunbird LE
15.365@88.52
Full Interior...3-Speed Automatic.

Satisfied Customer of:
POWERSHOP PORTING SERVICE
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:01 AM
nice time!

did you not spray first gear?

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 7:53 PM
i saw track day and was thinking road racing LOL

Thursday, April 14, 2005 12:09 AM
thanks for the comments guys, no i did not spray in first gear, i was preatty much just tryin to learn how to launch the car and get the 60 foot times down but im a slow learner i guess, oh well there are more track days so they will only inprove hopefully, in all honesty i bet if i could get the 60 foot times down a little more i could prob get the car to hit a 14.7 MAYBE even a 14.6 with what i have got going on right now, i know that is wishful thinking but oh well. all in my 2200 god that feels sooo good to hit that mark when every 2.4 or eco guy laughed in my face when i told em i will run 14's

Thursday, April 14, 2005 1:03 AM
Quote:

Ryan Hoffman
Today 3:09 AM

thanks for the comments guys, no i did not spray in first gear, i was preatty much just tryin to learn how to launch the car and get the 60 foot times down but im a slow learner i guess, oh well there are more track days so they will only inprove hopefully, in all honesty i bet if i could get the 60 foot times down a little more i could prob get the car to hit a 14.7 MAYBE even a 14.6 with what i have got going on right now, i know that is wishful thinking but oh well. all in my 2200 god that feels sooo good to hit that mark when every 2.4 or eco guy laughed in my face when i told em i will run 14's

Dont let the twin cam douches get you down... they're just pissed that us OHVs are gunning for their asses

If you want to, you can rig up a window switch to your nitrous system, so that you dont have to worry about manually engaging the arming switch after you shift into 2nd gear. My friend rich did it on his ecotec powered 5 speed and his best 60 was around 2.2 or 2.1 I can't remember... and his best e/t was 13.9 at 101mph

so it will not only let you spray in 1st, but it will also shut the nitrous off if you accidently get too close to the limiter

I'll be in the 14s very soon and hopefully into the mid 13 second range with a T3 super 60 turbo that will eventually be blowing 15psi of boost

Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:10 AM
hey thanks for the idea and that will be sweet, that is what i ultimately would like to do is get a turbo system on the car but as for now with all my limitations on money this will have to do

Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:49 AM
nice time . cant wait untill the track opens here
Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:53 AM
awesome times

Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:24 AM
Great times!

That run would put you in 4th for the boosted 2.2L/2200 in the top 5 honor roll at the top of the forum!

Get the nitrous system tuned right and you could go even higher on the list! Shed some weight an some get some drag tires(radials, or even better slicks) and you'll be flying!

Keep up the good work! Make us 2.2L/2200 drivers proud!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search