2200 supercharger times???? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 supercharger times????
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:34 AM
I am putting on a s/c on my 2200 4 speed auto cav
i want to know what other peoples times are jsut so i can get a feel for what i am gonna get back on friday

btw i have the exhaust done and msd ignition coil packs if that makes a differance

2000 Dark metallica green cavalier. (2.2 2200) pace setter 4-1 header, magna flow cat, dual quad tip dtm muffler, 1800 watt stereo with satalite radio, momo 16in rims, from rk sport strut bar, rear vibrant strut bar, indeglow gauge cluster along with matching hvac panel, clear corner lenses, altezz tails, vibrant wai, carbon fiber oem style hood, rsm lightened crank pulley....

and soon to be part of my family of which is may car, the rsm supercharger 8psi, waiting until i get time to install it....

"Disarters are just another star falling in my yard."

Re: 2200 supercharger times????
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 10:49 AM
depends on how much boost.... id say somewhere in the 15s

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:45 AM
8psi , if you read above.
if i get my car back by the 22nd i want to run you on dpa

2000 Dark metallica green cavalier. (2.2 2200) pace setter 4-1 header, magna flow cat, dual quad tip dtm muffler, 1800 watt stereo with satalite radio, momo 16in rims, from rk sport strut bar, rear vibrant strut bar, indeglow gauge cluster along with matching hvac panel, clear corner lenses, altezz tails, vibrant wai, carbon fiber oem style hood, rsm lightened crank pulley....

and soon to be part of my family of which is may car, the rsm supercharger 8psi, waiting until i get time to install it....

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:53 AM
Ahh missed that part... still I say mid 15s at best

Your going from a high 16/low 17 second car mind you

Dropping 1.5 seconds is impressive though

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:52 PM
Dropping $3000 or whatever that kit costs nowadays to only end up in 15 second land would be terrible.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 6:18 AM
Anyone have actual times?

2000 Dark metallica green cavalier. (2.2 2200) pace setter 4-1 header, magna flow cat, dual quad tip dtm muffler, 1800 watt stereo with satalite radio, momo 16in rims, from rk sport strut bar, rear vibrant strut bar, indeglow gauge cluster along with matching hvac panel, clear corner lenses, altezz tails, vibrant wai, carbon fiber oem style hood, rsm lightened crank pulley, MSD Ignition coil packs, RSM Vortech Supercharger 8psi

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:20 AM
vtech power wrote:Dropping $3000 or whatever that kit costs nowadays to only end up in 15 second land would be terrible.

Hence who for the price he should ahve put a 2.2 Eco or a 2.4 in there and run a few tenths slower, for 1/2 the price, then spent the extra money on a turbo or s/c kit and ran 13s

No one listens to me though

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:28 AM
btw jeremy, that picture that your friend took of your car looks good

you are kinda right i never listened to you about getting rid of the 2200 motor

2000 Dark metallica green cavalier. (2.2 2200) pace setter 4-1 header, magna flow cat, dual quad tip dtm muffler, 1800 watt stereo with satalite radio, momo 16in rims, from rk sport strut bar, rear vibrant strut bar, indeglow gauge cluster along with matching hvac panel, clear corner lenses, altezz tails, vibrant wai, carbon fiber oem style hood, rsm lightened crank pulley, MSD Ignition coil packs, RSM Vortech Supercharger 8psi

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:29 AM
i went from a 16.4 to a 14.7 on a 55 shot of giggle gas. then again i also have a 2.4
anyways, i think if done right you can break 14s.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:57 AM
sinrocker wrote:btw jeremy, that picture that your friend took of your car looks good

you are kinda right i never listened to you about getting rid of the 2200 motor

See what happens when you dont listen to me? With hte money you spent on hte RSM kit (like 4K right?) you could have a car thats running 2 seconds faster.... tisk tisk

Thanks btw... I have a bigger version of it too

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 2:52 PM
no no your wrong i spent 2670 on the charger, 400 to install, and 350 for the computer

for a grand total of 3420

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 3:00 PM
and for 1500 you could have a custom turbo kit and be running 14's

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 4:16 PM
i prefer the supercharger, and aside from that
money was not a problem and beleive me after i build the motor everything will be gravy

unless someone has a time to give me(A REAL TIME, not just speculation) then don't bother posting

and just so you know red, speed is speed no matter how you put it and how much it costs to get there

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 4:51 PM
sinrocker wrote:
and just so you know red, speed is speed no matter how you put it and how much it costs to get there

This has got to be the most true statement ever.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:14 PM
Jbody2nr wrote:
sinrocker wrote:

This has got to be the most true statement ever.

Your idea of fast me be someone else's idea of slow... Regardless, I would expect mid 15's. Your car is mid 17 second car right now (maybe low 17's) and expecting it drop more than 2 seconds on 8psi is kinda crazy.There are not many people with a supercharged 2200.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:23 PM
99redz24 wrote:i went from a 16.4 to a 14.7 on a 55 shot of giggle gas. then again i also have a 2.4
anyways, i think if done right you can break 14s.

It sure as hell can be done. I went from 16.2 to a 14.9 on a 50 shot as well, but on a 2.2 ohv, 5spd.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search