Why not to Drift in a Cavalier!!!! Long - Racing Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Why not to Drift in a Cavalier!!!! Long
Friday, April 22, 2005 4:33 PM
Ok, as some of you might of seen, my old sign was of me drifting in my car...
Well here in MI its been raining all day, I just have gotten outta work and was on my way home. I drove by the place where we spend a day in the winter drifting in our cars. Seeing how it was wet and raining I thought id go do some more drifting to end the day. Now, Ive had experience pulling the handbrake during these conditions, but this was different. I was traveling bout 40ish down a turn in this old road, I pulled my handbrake and got the car sideways no big deal. But bout have way through it my Front drivers side tire popped off the rim. I was drifting on a left turn, I realized something wasnt right and instinctly I released the handbrake, the car corrected to much and i went into the field to the right of the road complete sideways I sunk pretty well, I just said Ohh @!#$ and hoped I didnt flip. I came to a stop prox. 45 yards from the road. I put it back in 1st gear and took off towards the road, mud boggin style. I reach the road and then got outta my car to realize what happen. Now, changing a tire isnt fun, let alone a muddy road with a downpour. I put the dounut on and head to discount tyre were they put the tire back on for free since it was a tire I bought from them. Im was on my steelies if anyone wanted to know. This changed my mind big time drifting outside of the snowy realm Gimme some thoughts, yeah it was stupid but its fun, but im going to reconsider next time

Re: Why not to Drift in a Cavalier!!!! Long
Friday, April 22, 2005 5:05 PM
ya that sucks but they say your not a real drifter until you've wreaked a couple of times. never hurd of a tire pop'n off befor. I've almost stoped trying to drift for two reasons one i cant afford to fix the damage. and two its just two dangerous to do on the street and theres no were else near me to do it. i'm trying to get into autocross though safer and less risk. just gotta remember driftings a skill not the skill.
Friday, April 22, 2005 7:25 PM
Yeah i definalty not prefer to wreck this car right now..... so im gonna stop till some snow falls again ( suppose to get some this weekend lol)

Friday, April 22, 2005 8:33 PM
Well you can't really "DRIFT" in a Cavvy, but rather powerslide it through a turn. But that's just me...............
Saturday, April 23, 2005 8:23 AM
Ok I slide round a corner and my tire popped off

Saturday, April 23, 2005 9:21 AM
This, by no means, belongs under this forum.

Lightweight honDuhs can kiss my fat Crapalier a$$
A new autoX ride for '08.....
Saturday, April 23, 2005 11:09 AM
I had no clue where to put it, Im so sorry, Im gonna go bash my head on my keyboard

Saturday, April 23, 2005 3:13 PM
drifting isnt racing, nuff said

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, April 23, 2005 4:11 PM
Handbrake isn't really drifting.

enter at a high speed, give a quick flick to the opposite direction of the turn, then a quick turn to the direction you want. Your throwing the rear around the center of gravity and the weight and suspension setting should bring the rear around nicely. 0

The secret is not to be chicken at the speeds you need. If it seems too fast its probably just right.

We don't drift but we race 1/4 dirt tracks.. and thats our secret to beating DSM's and other faster cars. Do it right and we don't have to lift off the gas..

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Saturday, April 23, 2005 4:17 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:drifting isnt racing, nuff said

true....

rubbin' is racing

Saturday, April 23, 2005 6:56 PM
I drifted once. In water. Drifted going at least 65 mph and strait into the center divider. Airbags didn't go off though.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire

Sunday, April 24, 2005 9:35 AM
drifting by its self may not be racing but every true professinal racer has had to learn how to do it. its an important skill of racing.
Sunday, April 24, 2005 10:02 AM

I would consider drifting racing if it was at a sanctioned event.

This wasn't, and clearly isn't racing. The question though... is where do I put it?

Help me out here guys! Does it go in Jacked/Wrecked? OT? Umm... not sure where else it might fit in. There's no "stupid driving tricks" forum.

Help?

Sunday, April 24, 2005 11:31 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:

I would consider drifting racing if it was at a sanctioned event.

This wasn't, and clearly isn't racing. The question though... is where do I put it?

Help me out here guys! Does it go in Jacked/Wrecked? OT? Umm... not sure where else it might fit in. There's no "stupid driving tricks" forum.

Help?

I totally agree, if put in the jacked/wrecked it would only shawdow the ones in there, but i came across the other post about FF drifting?!?! So I put it in here.

Monday, April 25, 2005 7:57 AM
If you wrecked into my car while doing that stupid @!#$, I would freaking kill you.

Drifting is ghay. Learn some real skills and go autocross.

Monday, April 25, 2005 10:50 AM
Joshua Huber wrote:If you wrecked into my car while doing that stupid @!#$, I would freaking kill you.

Well yeah i guess controling a FWD car in a 'drift/slide w/e, takes no skill at all. Your right. I would autocross, but I havent looked into it. And no i would never do these outside of a big parking lot or this road, for the fear of what happened friday.

Monday, April 25, 2005 11:29 AM
Joshua Huber wrote:If you wrecked into my car while doing that stupid @!#$, I would freaking kill you.

ya you as an auto crosser should know that drifting is a skill all "real" racers learn. other than drifting all competitve driving skills really come down to is timing. and upgrades to your car to balence it out and give it better grip on the road.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 7:09 AM
uh, I can slide my car all over the tarmak and run some really shiity times...or I can use skill and drive my car at the threashold w/o sliding and run some really fast times. the ladder takes skill, the first does not.

any ricer can go out there in thier pos and slide around like a goob dirt track racer, but it takes a person with skill to apex the corners properly, run the quick line, and throw down some nice times.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search