First time at the track - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
First time at the track
Friday, April 22, 2005 6:46 PM
Now my car only has a B&M shift plus. Its a 04 LS Sport coupe Auto. I was running with a half-tank and i took out the spare to kinda help level the weight from myself(+/-300lb man). My first run was a 16.6. As the night when on my time lowered and my fasted and last run was as goes:

R/T...... .396
60' ....... 2.359
330 ..... 6.793
1/8 ...... 10.415
MPH .... 67.89
990 ...... 13.477
1/4 ...... 16.249
MPH ... 83.78

Is this any good for a auto ECO? Keep in mind, this was my first time EVER at a 1/4 track. I got in about a good 8 runs and my avg. was:

R/T...... .262
60' ....... 2.411
330 ..... 6.982
1/8 ...... 10.570
MPH .... 67.16
990 ...... 13.660
1/4 ...... 16.453
MPH ... 83.055

Any tips on how to get my time down. I did a few things here and there brake torquing and lowered my psi. These are a little things i picked up from a few of my buddies and it really did help alot. But please, reply and tell me if this was good time or bad time.

One of the few, one of the proud, one of the Jersey J's. 6-14-04.
CarDomain

Re: First time at the track
Friday, April 22, 2005 7:02 PM
Id say it was a decent time it could be lower but track conditions could affect that. Anyways you still run better than my 5spd 2200 with I/H/E and mount.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Sunday, April 24, 2005 9:03 PM
Those are good times for your car, but like I told the other guy that posted the same thing. You need more power mods to help in the topend. Key word "TopEnd". Aftermarket cams, 50 shot, 2.5 exhaust system, etc.

2004 Black Dodge SRT-4
13.9@102,,,,,,,60'- 2.1,,,, Boost controlled,,,,,biotch(Stage2 & Turboback,,,,,soon)

Monday, April 25, 2005 10:25 AM
Manny- Im trying to get a better time before i start modding. Once i start hitting 16_ constantly, then i know i need to add mods.

CarDomain
Monday, April 25, 2005 2:41 PM
when i got my header, i didnt notice near the power drop off at high rpms. by far the best mod ive got. dont know how to help you otherwise. theres only so much you can do with an auto to improve your times w/o modding.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:03 PM
Lunchbox wrote:Manny- Im trying to get a better time before i start modding. Once i start hitting 16_ constantly, then i know i need to add mods.

Ok, my bad I was mistaken. Then I would say, take out the passenger seat and back. you should be in good shape next time you go to the track. The first time at the track my friends and I. (4 srt-4's and 1 GTI) went to meet in the morning. And I looked in my buddy;s car, the one with the GTI cause he had no seats except his own and I was laughing until I seen his numbers. Mostly all 14.0's, 14.1's and 14.2's. Now that is fast as fu@# for a barely stock GTI. So go for it, lose some weight.

2004 Black Dodge SRT-4
13.9@102,,,,,,,60'- 2.1,,,, Boost controlled,,,,,biotch(Stage2 & Turboback,,,,,soon)

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:27 PM
What the hell!

I have a few more mods than you and I ran a best of 16.5 in my auto eco. I have heard that my local track is pretty slick though.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 8:42 PM
Manny wrote:
Lunchbox wrote:Manny- Im trying to get a better time before i start modding. Once i start hitting 16_ constantly, then i know i need to add mods.

Ok, my bad I was mistaken. Then I would say, take out the passenger seat and back. you should be in good shape next time you go to the track. The first time at the track my friends and I. (4 srt-4's and 1 GTI) went to meet in the morning. And I looked in my buddy;s car, the one with the GTI cause he had no seats except his own and I was laughing until I seen his numbers. Mostly all 14.0's, 14.1's and 14.2's. Now that is fast as fu@# for a barely stock GTI. So go for it, lose some weight.

I was thinking about taking all that out, but i want to try to make this 16flat run with stock weight, other that the spare. the spare is only out to help makeup for my fat ass being in the car. and it isnt doing much. I might end up doing that after a while, but i have set a goal and i want to try a few different tricks before anything. i know i can atleast hit 16 because all the SV1(the beyond base cavalier for like $10,000) is hitting 15.4 constantly STOCK. There are two in the Jersey J's that can do that so my goal is to improve my racing.

CarDomain
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:13 AM
Lunchbox wrote:
Manny wrote:

I was thinking about taking all that out, but i want to try to make this 16flat run with stock weight, other that the spare. the spare is only out to help makeup for my fat ass being in the car. and it isnt doing much. I might end up doing that after a while, but i have set a goal and i want to try a few different tricks before anything. i know i can atleast hit 16 because all the SV1(the beyond base cavalier for like $10,000) is hitting 15.4 constantly STOCK. There are two in the Jersey J's that can do that so my goal is to improve my racing.

^^^(The spare is only out to help makeup for my fatass being in the car), haha no wonder why you call yourself lunchbox. Ok, I can help you out with that also. Any weight that is taken off the car can help out just a tad bit. Soooo, try to lose some weight yourself. I used to weigh 260, yeah I know I was a fat ass too, and I took whats called "Ventilean", that @!#$ works like nothing Ive ever taken before. In 3 and half months I lost 38 pounds. After all that weight came off, I felt like i can shift better. Plus I was scared when I read in a magazine, that for every 100 pounds that you gain "You lose a half an linch off your penis" and us guys dont need that $hit. Thats my 2 cents, not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to get you into the 16's without modifiying the car.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:22 AM
those are some sick times goce...

I wish I coulda come to race too, but I had work that day... I can only usually go on the weekends.

your trap speed is right around where it needs to be for low 16s, so unfortunately dude, I dont think your car has much more in it without some more parts thrown at it =\

but hey, take some seats out and run again that'll definetly have a time improvement

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 10:12 AM
Manny wrote:
Lunchbox wrote:
Manny wrote:

^^^(The spare is only out to help makeup for my fatass being in the car), haha no wonder why you call yourself lunchbox. Ok, I can help you out with that also. Any weight that is taken off the car can help out just a tad bit. Soooo, try to lose some weight yourself. I used to weigh 260, yeah I know I was a fat ass too, and I took whats called "Ventilean", that @!#$ works like nothing Ive ever taken before. In 3 and half months I lost 38 pounds. After all that weight came off, I felt like i can shift better. Plus I was scared when I read in a magazine, that for every 100 pounds that you gain "You lose a half an linch off your penis" and us guys dont need that $hit. Thats my 2 cents, not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to get you into the 16's without modifiying the car.

Yeah, that and my friends said i looked like silent bob from the kevin smith movies. but yeah, ive been working on that to, just with work and all its been kinda hard to keep my energy and all. i might look into Ventilean, its the first time ive ever heard of it.

Oh, and PJ, i got some more tips from Festa and the gang and if i hit them correctly with all the stuff You, Jay and Rich told me about i should be able to atleast get to the 16_ mark. I might head out next week or whenever Alex gets his exhaust done. Now that he saw that i ran 16.2, he wants to go see what he can run.

CarDomain

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 10:28 AM
http://www.vitadigest.com/ventilean-caps.html#

^^^Ventilean for your research needs. Also I wouldnt recommend anything if it didnt work for me or even if I heard it was good.

2004 Black Dodge SRT-4

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 4:26 PM
i hardly have any mods and I beat that- you suck

Too fast to live, Too young to die, Be reckless
Friday, April 29, 2005 2:22 PM
Strwbrry Sport wrote:i hardly have any mods and I beat that- you suck

please read before posting. The topic clearly states that this was the FIRST time i was EVER at ANY track.

thank you and have a good day

CarDomain
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search