Launching with GM supercharger - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Launching with GM supercharger
Saturday, April 23, 2005 2:14 AM
OK well i have been trying different methods of launching or starting off the line and every now and then i bog the car and there is a delay in power.. its almost like there is turbo lag on the supercharger... So how do you guys with the GM S/C do it? do you rev to a certain RPM? or do you just start from idle?

Re: Launching with GM supercharger
Saturday, April 23, 2005 8:43 AM
well im auto, so launching isnt that hard. I just brake and gas it up to around 2,000 RPMS. Have you tried reving to like 3k-4k and feathering the clutch? I know it will burn it up faster, but you can really control the launch that way.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Saturday, April 23, 2005 9:00 AM
i used to have a really hard time launch before but not because i would bog down the tires would just let lose, now with my 18x7.5 that problem is totally gone i can launch from any rpm i want and not break lose.... but ive also lost a little bit of speed up top, but thats why you get some good tires for some steelies and bring them when you go to the track or.....decided to be a weekend warrior haha

Saturday, April 23, 2005 11:10 AM
Stock RSAs at 32 psi:
2200 rpms (ease the clutch) as it engages, then pedal to the carpet.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Sunday, April 24, 2005 1:39 AM
Well i tried all of your suggestions and they all work pretty well.... now i just have to see how well they work at the track next Friday...Just i don't know how much longer my clutch will hold up now ahaha. oh well, thank you all for your input, and if any one else has any suggestions let me know.

Saturday, April 30, 2005 11:59 PM
havent really launched the car wtih the s/c, lol. But i sorta got the feel for it.

just ride out the clutch a little in first then mash it, grab 2nd, mash it and then 3rd .

I would say lower the tire pressure, try at 2k, then go up in the RPMS a little bit each time.

first time at the track will be sad, but the more you practice the better u get.

good luck

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search