AutoX tire pressure... - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AutoX tire pressure...
Thursday, May 12, 2005 9:54 AM
What tires pressure are you guys running. Ill be running street tires, 16" wheels, just curious as to what pressures other than 30psi or if 30 is best thanks.

Re: AutoX tire pressure...
Thursday, May 12, 2005 11:37 AM
Well, I'd run about 45 psi front and about 50 in the rear. Those oem tires have a really soft sidewall. Chalk the sides and see if you wear any of the sidewall. Raise your pressure if you are. If your not wearing near the edge of your tread lower your pressure.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:11 PM
I seemed to run different rear pressures successfully as everyone else is higher than I set mine.

I ran my hot pressures at f- ~42-44, r-~32-35 depending on surface and course. I never got any rollover once set.

Lightweight honDuhs can kiss my fat Crapalier a$$
A new autoX ride for '08.....
Friday, May 13, 2005 3:54 AM
I had a serious problem with understeer so thats why my rears were up so high ( I was purposely not maxing my rear traction to get it to swing around a little).

Friday, May 13, 2005 10:59 AM
sunday i ran hot pressures of 42-44f and 48-50r and i was checking tire temps and the rear was within 2deg across the tire

see ya!

Monday, May 16, 2005 5:35 PM
yup, i always run higher pressure in the back, to make the rear tires break traction sooner, helps with the understeer. Yesterday i ran about 41 in the front, and 45 in the back on OEM tires, when Im on Kumho R compounds, its more like 32 front, and 35 rear. Maybe a little higher, depends on the track temp. On my Yokohama street tires (AVS ES 100) i run around 37 front, and 41 rear. Hope all this helps, keep in mind I am in Vermont and its a bit colder than most places. At the track (recetrack, not a dragstrip) I usually dont go by chalk or temp across the tire, because the front sidewalls still rool over. Gotta go really high to aviod destroying the tire. My buddy with an STI wrecked a new Azenis in less than 400 miles, because it was rolling over. Took a huge chunk out of the tread/sidewall/corner.

Josh Hess
SCCV #222
www.sccv.org
www.vermontracing.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search