11 second J and... project S-Bird.... - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
11 second J and... project S-Bird....
Friday, April 29, 2005 3:14 PM
The weight reduction continues and it will make more power this year because I need to sneak below 11.30 to move up on the list.

Did I mention KQ4 Jake's G/A is for sale? Why I have no idea......... It runs 12 oh's though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4546484876

If Jake sells his, he can drive mine at Indy..... but no blowing it up this time!....lol

Project S-Bird

Re: 11 second J and... project S-Bird....
Friday, April 29, 2005 4:59 PM
Mike.. what about me? LOL

Saturday, April 30, 2005 7:42 AM
Karo... I didn't forget about you bud...lol Just trying to help Jake sell his rig.

If you fly out you're the pilot as I promised. Here's to breaking a CV or two.....

I finally got it drug out in the driveway and pulling the engine today.

Need to get my act together for "Import Wars" at Union Grove on May 29th......

Ok maybe the June event, we'll see.....
Monday, May 02, 2005 12:16 AM
I need to get ours straightend out..... hope to see you at the track soon Mike.

and I have NO clue why Jake would sell his car, he's a moron....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, May 02, 2005 5:28 AM
Good luck with the car this year. I'll be looking for updates through out the summer.

Quote:

The weight reduction continues and it will make more power this year because I need to sneak below 11.30 to move up on the list.

I have a funny feeling you are going to have to do more than sneak below 11.30 to take that spot. I don't think that time will last too long this summer.

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Monday, May 02, 2005 6:36 AM
I think Jake is potentially letting his baby go (if it meets the reserve), because he finally managed to do all the things with it that he planned, and now he needs a new project. If you had told me years ago, when I first met him at Great Lakes Dragaway, that he would manage the times he has, and gotten the attention he's managed to get, I would have called you a damn liar or crazy fool. He sure has done it though!
My only regret is that we never managed to face each other in a final at one of the bigger national events, the way we planned. It would have been a helluva race! You never know though. I'm not ready to count him out until it's sold and gone. He could always change his mind!

'93 Sunbird SE 3.1 5-speed
'00 Grand Prix GTP Sedan
sunbird93racer@yahoo.com
Monday, May 02, 2005 11:59 PM
raven wrote:Good luck with the car this year. I'll be looking for updates through out the summer.

Quote:

I have a funny feeling you are going to have to do more than sneak below 11.30 to take that spot. I don't think that time will last too long this summer.

But please remember he also does not have a Grand National with a Cavalier Body Kit On It

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 5:23 AM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:
raven wrote:Good luck with the car this year. I'll be looking for updates through out the summer.

Quote:

But please remember he also does not have a Grand National with a Cavalier Body Kit On It

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:01 AM
Raven,

We need an update on the turbo car with pics etc.

The GM small car bash ought to be interesting with other brand/models being added.

The quick 8 could be real quick this year.

Project S-Bird
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 5:08 AM
jbodyho wrote:Raven,

We need an update on the turbo car with pics etc.

The GM small car bash ought to be interesting with other brand/models being added.

The quick 8 could be real quick this year.

Sorry I don't have any updates, it's not may car. I'm shooting for low 12's this year. I can tell you though that Frank's car should be ready for the GM small car bash.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Thursday, May 05, 2005 4:49 PM
Upon removal and disassembly of the engine, not so good... No evidence of spark plug remains, but there's light rust in the very top of two bores.

The short block goes in for honing and rings this weekend.

The head, well it needs intake valves, because they are friggen rusty too.. I'll upgrade the springs and cams while it's apart.

I suppose it's from the blown head gasket and sitting a few months.

This will eat into the go faster budget this year, but I still will be at the Bash....

Did somebody buy Jake's car?

Project S-Bird

Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:49 PM
nope car aint sold yet, if it dont sell i will be back lookin to kill!
but hey Mike if the car sells drop me a line I'm all willing to help get your J into the 10's
that is if I'm driving lol. I have some Ideas that can make it a killer at GLD and the Pontiac races! Them boys/gals at the pontiac races dont know what to do against a fast FWD. an i know how to get it on the #

91 GA 12.080@113.99 best 1/4 mile E.T.
www.killerquad4.com
jake@killerquad4.com
Looking for Sponsor
Thursday, May 12, 2005 1:52 AM
jake...you comin to the bash? you're now a welcome car...I'd LOVE to see the KQ4 run...I've always idolized your car

Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:27 PM
we'll try to get Jake down there..... He says if he's not winning money racing, its not worth it...... but I'll work up a grudge match with him

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, May 15, 2005 11:43 PM
*chants* brian! brian! brian!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search