Any dirt track 4 cyl racers out there?? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Any dirt track 4 cyl racers out there??
Monday, May 16, 2005 12:53 PM
I race 1/4 mile dirt oval with a 89 sunbird GT turbo with a muncie 5 speed. Lots of fun with a fast car. Car does very well against Quads and fords. Anyone willing to share setup tips for front ends, and mods for more HP in this stock class??? I have a 1st and a second in 2 races so far. There is about 16 cars in our bracket.

Re: Any dirt track 4 cyl racers out there??
Sunday, June 05, 2005 7:21 PM
i race a 93 cav on dirt, at raceway 7 in conneaut ohio
Sunday, June 05, 2005 7:45 PM
Does your track have a web site? If so, do they post the rules? If not, can you post the rules?
Sounds like you dont need to cheat to win, if you are legal now, so just keep it legal and get the car to handle better. If you are faster in the turns then thats even more of an advantage on the straights. If you are faster on any groove(high or low) you can pass in the turns also.
Be aware though if you are that much better, the track would most likely change the rules to level the competition. Especially if this is a new division.

Sunday, June 05, 2005 7:57 PM
BTW, read this and the links with-in it:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=48&i=10504&t=10504#10504

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 4:40 AM
www.raceay7.com
i say your ignorant if you think no one else is cheating. your at a disadvantage if your not taking advantage of some minor modification
@!#$ the cars i am running againts since i am the only 4cyl car out there are supposed to have stock 350 v8 but half of them are 400sbc with dometop pistons and big cams, so why wouldnt i cheat
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:23 PM
Did I say anything about anyone else cheating? NO! If you read what I said, "Sounds like you dont need to cheat to win, if you are legal now, so just keep it legal ...". What sense does it make to cheat if you are winning already and are doing it legally?!

Check out Ivedent Lloyd. I've known him for many years, worked with him and he's taught me alot about chasis set ups. I've seen everything on his car and it's all legal. He's been made to tear-down more than any other driver in the history of the NLMS Southern Sportsman Series and he's never been found to be illegal! He wins by knowing how to set up a chasis, how to set the car in the corners and how to read the track. I.ve seen him win the NLMS/SSS race at a track, and turn around and win the Super Late Model feature(all the local driver's that run that track every week). This using a stock stub chasis(against full tube chasis) with a cast iron un-ported spec cylinder head engine thats down about 200+ HP. Why? Because he can set up the chasis to hook-up. He hooks-up off the corner, while the drivers who should know how to set-up for the track just spin their tires all the way down the straights.
BTW he'll be racing at Ogelthorp Speedway(Savannah, Ga) June 16-18. He won the double ther last year!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:36 PM
Also, as I see you're running a turbo, in a division that prohibits turbos. Obviously they don't tech your cars! Do you feel proud of youself?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search