Ecotec+Turbo+Street Tires(42psi)+93=13.268@113 - Page 4 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Ecotec+Turbo+Street Tires(42psi)+93=13.268@113
Friday, July 01, 2005 1:27 PM
Thanks for the compliments.. and i guess you didnt see this post:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=48&i=12134&t=12134

its another video of me running a 12.9

as for knock i may have knock, i dont know, but its not detenating thats for sure.

and i got the stage IV cause i got it for $200 on ebay.
the clutch is suprisingly soft, when i was bleeding it, i kept asking my friend if it was getting harder and it wasnt.. feels almost stock. Engagement is Great

i am not retarding any timeing, what ever the stock computer is doing is what im at, which im sure it might be retarding timeing since i have 5 codes:

Injector Driver 1 Malfuntion
Injector Driver 2 Malfuntion
Injector Driver 3 Malfuntion
Injector Driver 4 Malfuntion
Random Multiple Cylinder Misfire

-DJ

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:48 PM
I will be upfront and tell you DJ, that nobody inspires me. Only my own dreams push me harder... at least when it comes to speed in a J-body.

But this thread, reading it... has inspired me.

I have quietly mentioned once or twice in the boost forum that I have run 14psi on the stock LD9 for 2 months now... and I even made a full post about it.

90% of the responses were "Let us know when you blow it" , or "I hope you have a spare motor"....

... just because some untuned morons ran 8psi on their LD9's and broke them everybody has to shake in their booties when somebody breaks the 10psi barrier.

Your attitude is exactly like mine: push this bastard. I run 12psi on the streets every day and I've seen as much as 14-15 psi on entire runs on the street... the only thing that held me back was my lack of clutch and tranny (it was a sick tranny that was waiting to die)....

And lo and behold it blew two weeks ago. In goes a stronger tranny with shorter gears, high output axle shafts, a spec stage III clutch and more crap to hold the car down to the pavement when I launch.

Am I afraid I'll blow it? Yeah cuz that'll be the end of my season: I can't afford another catastrophic failure.

BUT - does that stop me? No: I want to push my LD9 further than anybody has dared.... that is - I WANTED to until I saw you ran 19 psi. I'm ballsy but passing 15psi for me is gonna take some confidence.

I'm already incredibly amazed at how much boost my motor has taken without tossing a bearing or a rod.

I will keep watching your car. You dipped into the 12's at 15psi... I'm hoping to do the same. Were you on street tires?

I ran a 15.27 @ 98.5 mph with a 2.666 60' at the JCO bash - as I mentioned before lack of clutch and tranny, and lack of driving skill. But my MPH is disgusting for that time, I've seen people that have run a 13.8 at 98 mph.

That was at 10psi, with a dying fuel pump, in the heat of the day.

So - I'm hoping to drop into the low 13's and MAYBE the 12's with you this year bud. I look at what you've done and your attitude towards how other people view what you're doing, and I support it fully. Because that's my attitude.

Just because others are too scared to go the distance, that doesn't mean they have to bring down the few that are willing to stand up and take that chance.

LD9 vs ECO? Hardly.

On the .org it's those who play it safe vs. those who set the new standard.

You've set mine: it's time to play catchup.

See you in the 12's bro.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, July 17, 2005 12:10 AM
Thanks Dude, Good luck with your project, and i hope you get into the 12s its such a good feeling . I saw pics of your setup in the ontario site looks good!

Quote:

LD9 vs ECO? Hardly.

On the .org it's those who play it safe vs. those who set the new standard.

I couldnt agree more with you on that. Might even consider putting that in my sig lol

Yes i was on street tires on that run, i dropped the tire pressure to 25 psi.

.. as for my old motor, it would of lasted longer if it didnt have so many miles, nothing really bad happened to it, just the head gasket started leaking coolant into the oil and into one cylinder. But the damage was done to the rings/ring lands. I still dont know for sure i sold the motor a jbody member he is taking it apart he will take pics to what actually happened so i could know for sure.

Just be safe with your fuel, if you know your pump is acting up dont rag on the car its cheaper to replace the pump than the motor.

-DJ

Sunday, July 17, 2005 1:26 AM
I ran a 13.8 @ 106 mph, talking about crappy 60 foots.
That was at 9 psi in 1st and 2nd and about 10 in 3rd and 4th.
Now I am at 12 psi all accross the board, and I will be in 12's by the August.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Monday, August 01, 2005 7:56 PM
damn. i need money to catch up to you guys.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search