are these good times? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
are these good times?
Sunday, May 15, 2005 8:47 PM
just wondering what everyone with stock 2200's were running in the quarter mile. i recently went to san antonio this weekend and racing at the san antonio raceway. my two fastest times were 18.4 @ 76.65 with a reaction time of .9042 and best was a 18.2 @ 75.03 mph with a reaction time of .6558 and a 1/8 mile of 11.88 @ 60.98. i was just wondering if these were good times on a stock engine with only an intake and was wondering what everyones running stock with manual or auto trannys. and these runs were done with my 18 inch msr's that are way heavier than stock and my system. oh and my head gasket is leaking a little if that makes a difference. if u can post ur times on stock or modifed 2200's that would be great. post time slips later and a video or two.

Re: are these good times?
Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:03 PM
no, sorry

Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:27 PM
well what should i be running on a auto 2200 thats stock? could there be something wrong with my car thats affecting it. cause when i take off it feels good untill like 5000 rpm and then i can feel the power decrease and the engine sounds like it is straining itself and just makes noise but no power. but somewere i read that stock 2.2's run like 18's in the quarter

Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:34 PM
oh and my friend in his stock 97 eclipse gs was also running the same times as me so i think that should be good considering that his car has 20 more horses stock. but anyways what should i be running?

Monday, May 16, 2005 11:14 AM
nobody cares about me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, May 16, 2005 11:17 AM
but anyways i think my car is messing up. because my car wastes gas like its going out of style. ill use like almost half a tank going like 50 or 60 miles to the nearest town near my house.

Monday, May 16, 2005 12:23 PM
High 17s / low 18s sounds bout right.... sadly

Monday, May 16, 2005 1:30 PM
id expect atleast high 17's. To give u an idea, i have ran an 11.2 for my very best in the 1/8. I have a pretty much stock 96 2.2.

Check Out My Domain Page!!!
Monday, May 16, 2005 4:19 PM
GreenFire wrote:id expect atleast high 17's. To give u an idea, i have ran an 11.2 for my very best in the 1/8. I have a pretty much stock 96 2.2.

it may be stock engine...but it looks nice

Monday, May 16, 2005 4:30 PM
horrible reaction time.
first time i went to the track, i run about 10-13times and my best r/t was .008
you need to improve that!

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 5:10 AM
yeah my reaction times sucked but then again i only got to race a couple of times because on the way back from one of my runs i went to the restrooms and i ran over a nail and got a flat. had to borrow my friends car to go get it fixed. but i am gonna go back once school ends which is in about a week. i guess considering that my friends eclipse was running a little slower than me and his car has an intake and was ridin on some stock rims i guess my run wasnt that bad. just need to improve it

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 7:29 AM
Magik1109 wrote:horrible reaction time.

reaction times have nothing to do with your elapsed times!!!!!!

seriously people, you could sit at the green light for an hour (wild weasel ) and you could still pull the same times as if you got a perfect light!

OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!!!!!!ONE!!1

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 10:07 AM
My times for my 2200 are in my registry.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 10:57 AM
I ran my sisters for one pass. It;s a 2000 2.2, 5-speed, bare bones. It was my first time driving the car and she doesn't have a tach. I ran a 16.9. I mention the 1st time and no tach because I think I could have done better with more time to drive her car and a tach. Also, all of the tracks in my area still use .400 and .500 as perfect reaction times. So if he was running at a track with a .500 perfect, he got some sweet rt's for a first timer.

2000 Z
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 11:18 AM
i dont know what the perfect reaction time was but most of ther pro street hotrodder guys were in the .500 range, and also the manuals run faster than the autos cause i might want to do a tranny swap but dont want to do it if i could just by the b+m shift plus and it would be the same. how much would the swap cost?

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 12:09 PM
my friend was running 18.0* with a best of 17.99 lmao, 2.2 3spd auto, UDP, Intake, Pacesetter Header, 2 1/4 back magnaflow muffler....on stock 16 inch ls sports

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 5:03 PM
MeltdOwn350 aka cOdy wrote:
Magik1109 wrote:horrible reaction time.

reaction times have nothing to do with your elapsed times!!!!!!

seriously people, you could sit at the green light for an hour (wild weasel ) and you could still pull the same times as if you got a perfect light!

OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!!!!!!ONE!!1

^ that dosent make any since at all

could you please explain?....

"There is no point in looking fast if your not."

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 5:35 PM
He's saying reaction times aren't added into the ET, they are separate. So if he's just running to see what his car will do, the RT's don't matter, if he's racing another car, RT's do matter cause technically a run is equal to RT + ET.

Does that clear it up any?.

2000 Z
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 8:31 PM
Burnout wrote:He's saying reaction times aren't added into the ET, they are separate. So if he's just running to see what his car will do, the RT's don't matter, if he's racing another car, RT's do matter cause technically a run is equal to RT + ET.

unless you're racing light to light, RT's have nothing to do with ET's. at the track i go to they have "street night" type thing where you just race light to light with no clocks, it's just whoever gets to the end first, wins.

keeping in mind that i have NEVER raced in any event where RT's make a difference.

the fastest car i've ever seen run IN PERSON was a toyota supra, with a turbo the size of a basketball. it came up to the tree all by itself. the tree dropped, that car sat there for what seemed like an eternity. he took off and ran a 9.29! now, i know he sat there for a good half minute. the announcer even commented that he must've been listening to a good song or somethin.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 5:15 AM
If your car is wasting that much gas you should probley see if your fuel rail or injectors are leaking.

Proud owner of a 2002 Z24!
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 6:38 AM
if the gas was leaking out the fuel rail or injectors would i be able to smell it in the engine or would i have to get in there and check or maybe have to take them off?

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 7:11 AM
After a track run you would smell it in your car.

Proud owner of a 2002 Z24!
Monday, May 23, 2005 4:20 PM
MeltdOwn350 aka cOdy wrote:
Burnout wrote:He's saying reaction times aren't added into the ET, they are separate. So if he's just running to see what his car will do, the RT's don't matter, if he's racing another car, RT's do matter cause technically a run is equal to RT + ET.

unless you're racing light to light, RT's have nothing to do with ET's. at the track i go to they have "street night" type thing where you just race light to light with no clocks, it's just whoever gets to the end first, wins.

keeping in mind that i have NEVER raced in any event where RT's make a difference.

the fastest car i've ever seen run IN PERSON was a toyota supra, with a turbo the size of a basketball. it came up to the tree all by itself. the tree dropped, that car sat there for what seemed like an eternity. he took off and ran a 9.29! now, i know he sat there for a good half minute. the announcer even commented that he must've been listening to a good song or somethin.

so the ET dosent start untill you leave the line and not when it goes green?

"There is no point in looking fast if your not."

Monday, May 23, 2005 11:11 PM
hey....

my stock 2003 2.2 eco according to tests runs a 16.2 at 90mph, which is believable, u gotta fix ur leaks etc, and keep it in good shape however.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search