Autocrossers! - Page 3 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Autocrossers!
Friday, April 22, 2005 3:51 AM
I'm suprised you have turn-in problems. My car has excellent turn in with 0 toe(other drives have even commented me on the turn in). What kind of tires are you racing on?

Friday, April 22, 2005 9:09 AM
azenis 215's 205/55/16 but i think they were under inflated and the car was bottoming out because it was to low. now i don't think that it will be much more of a problem but i still like to have a second opinion from a talented autox cav driver thats why Sean is co-driving. i figure that if i can get within 1 second of his times i am doing good. but we have too totally different driving styles me i would say aggressive i like to slide the car a bit(pitch and catch it) i like the rain

see ya!

Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:19 PM
Zach wrote:I'm suprised you have turn-in problems. My car has excellent turn in with 0 toe(other drives have even commented me on the turn in). What kind of tires are you racing on?

try a little toe-out then talk to me.

You'll be quite surprised when you set it a little aggressive. ZOOOOOOOOOOOM

Lightweight honDuhs can kiss my fat Crapalier a$$
A new autoX ride for '08.....
Friday, May 13, 2005 3:58 AM
I put like 15,000 miles a year on my car. Toe-out would really kill my tires.

Monday, May 16, 2005 5:58 PM
Its nice having acess to an allignment machine all the time, just gotta punch out and its mine. Toe out in the rear makes the biggest difference, I have found. It worked on my VW rabbit, worked on my Saab 9000 turbo, and on the Cav it really works. I have beaten Vipers with the Cav, I love it!! I spent all last year tuning the allignment on a basically stock suspension, I had a different setting each event. Ended up with this:
Rear, 1.2 negative camber, .75 toe out
Front 2.9 negative camber, 2.75 toe out
The rear is more sensitive to changes, especially toe out. Once I lower and stiffen the car, I think the settings I use will have to become more mild, as there wont be as much suspension travel. Well see next year, this year I am driving as seldom as possible. Its nice being an Event Coordinator, everyone lets you drive their car. This year is when I save and spend, save, spend, save, spend, etc. Next year I will be Road Racing!!

Josh Hess
SCCV #222
www.sccv.org
www.vermontracing.com
Monday, May 16, 2005 7:53 PM
Wow Josh, that's a lot of toe-out in the front! How do you find your straight line stability?
Monday, May 30, 2005 8:28 PM
thats a wild set up

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search