JCO Bash is Today - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
JCO Bash is Today
Saturday, June 11, 2005 4:46 AM
If it doesn't pour rain, I suspect there will be plenty of timeslip analysis going on tonight.

Wish me luck, guys! 88% humidity is not my friend.

Re: JCO Bash is Today
Saturday, June 11, 2005 7:26 PM
Well... I've love to say my car run's 14's but as yet, that remains to be seen.

30+ degree weather, 88% humidity, and a bit of a headwind were all working against me today.

I was told I was running the best times of all the people with a GM supercharger. If that's true, then at least that's comforting.

My best run of the day was a 15.114 @ 91.68 mph. As a bonus, I even pulled a .551 R/T so the whole slip looks good.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 7:15 AM
Who was the fastest at the JCO Bash?

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 10:41 AM
I haven't a clue but you're the fastest 3rd gen of the day I know of so far.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 11:09 AM
I wish i could say i was proud of that but i'm pretyy unhappy with what i ran and my 2.7 60 foot times...

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Sunday, June 12, 2005 11:12 AM
BTW Kevin, your car was lookin sweet as usual. I was meaning to say whats up to you some time threw out the day but every time i saw your car you weren't anywhere in sight.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Sunday, June 12, 2005 12:01 PM
Thanks bro! Much appreciated!!

As for your times... as I mentioned above, the conditions were pretty much garbage for racing so I would't take that as any sort of benchmark for where your car is.

I can see your issue with the 60' times though. I was pulling 2.2's on all season tires so it couldn't have been the track. Maybe you've just gotta let off the power a bit to pin the wheels down?

And I've only been the to the track a few times, but is it normal for them to be hosing it down just as you drive up? I thought they only did that for the cars with drag slicks. As I drove up I told the guy to quit with the water. I didn't need any. He said "I have to do it anyway". WTF?

Sunday, June 12, 2005 12:39 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:Thanks bro! Much appreciated!!

As for your times... as I mentioned above, the conditions were pretty much garbage for racing so I would't take that as any sort of benchmark for where your car is.

I can see your issue with the 60' times though. I was pulling 2.2's on all season tires so it couldn't have been the track. Maybe you've just gotta let off the power a bit to pin the wheels down?

And I've only been the to the track a few times, but is it normal for them to be hosing it down just as you drive up? I thought they only did that for the cars with drag slicks. As I drove up I told the guy to quit with the water. I didn't need any. He said "I have to do it anyway". WTF?

I wasn't really counting on putting down any killer times, i was only pushing 6 psi and the car is not even tuned right now.

There it always a path to drive around the water box, it was narrow but it was there.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Sunday, June 12, 2005 1:58 PM
I went 15.70@84 MPH at best

best 60' was 2.22 the track was pretty good

modfire and i raced it off for the brackets in the final but he missed 3rd gear it was a really close race up to that

Monday, June 13, 2005 12:15 AM
so what DID jeremy put down? Also, how'd chris do?

Monday, June 13, 2005 4:21 AM
Jeremy went best of 15.5 i think and Chris went a best of 15.27 but his clutch is shot and shifter is messed up

Monday, June 13, 2005 5:37 AM
Yeah, I was getting some 2.2 60' times as well so I guess the track was fine. It's just not very confidence-building when they're spraying across in front of you right as you're trying to drive around the water.

I was just thinking "WTF... go spray the other side or something!"

Chris was trapping in the high 90's on some runs, right? He's gotta get a clutch in that thing ASAP. For all the work he's put in, he deserves some nice times to show for it.

Monday, June 13, 2005 5:45 AM

This is Modfire and i in the final

and yeah Chris was trappin 96mph usually

Monday, June 13, 2005 7:04 AM
so out of all those cars the final was between 15 sec cars? god that must have been a bad track

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, June 13, 2005 7:16 AM
^^ dude you never heard of Bracket Racing before

Monday, June 13, 2005 7:50 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:so out of all those cars the final was between 15 sec cars? god that must have been a bad track

no the track was fine... those who had the power and were able to place it ran some good times. and besides.. it was bracket racing... if it was heads up all the way through i'm pretty sure that the finals would have been 2 different cars... I still laugh at the fact that i missed 3rd gear LOL

it was a great race till i missed 3rd! We'll have to do it again sometime!

Humidity was a factor as well. Like WW stated earlier.

All in all it was a blast! win or lose.. can't wait till next year!

Monday, June 13, 2005 8:21 AM
Modfire wrote:Humidity was a factor as well. Like WW stated earlier.

Temperature and humidity were huge factors. I think people could safely add at least a half second to their times from Saturday to get an idea of their car's potential.

Monday, June 13, 2005 12:23 PM
VIPERREDZED wrote:Jeremy went best of 15.5 i think and Chris went a best of 15.27 but his clutch is shot and shifter is messed up

Where the hell did you get that from????

My first run of the day was my best run 14.6 @ 100 mph, i didn't make any runs in the 15s.

I only made 3 runs, on my first run my tires were spinning out of control(bad driving 2.7 60 foot), i kept letting off the throttle to get traction but as soon as i got on it again they just started spinning away all over again. When i did get the tires to grab the rest of the run went pretty good.

On the 2nd and 3rd runs i made decent launches( 2.3 60 foot) but my trans decided it was done tranfering power to the ground as soon as it got tino 3rd gear each run. So i basically stopped accelerating on the last two runs as soon as i hit 3rd gear.

On the first run my speed increased 20mph from the 1/8 trap to the 1/4 trap, on my last run it only increased 10mph

Also on my first run my 1/8 time was 9.8 and on my last run it was a 9.5 . If my transmition wouldn't have quit on me i'm pretty sure with the way the car was running i could have put down a very low 14 second pass around 105mph.

Hopefully within the next couple weeks i'll get the bigger injectors in and be able to turn up to boost to around 20 psi along with few tricks to help thet tranny out. I was only running 6 psi on Saturday at the Bash.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Monday, June 13, 2005 12:49 PM
^^^ i wasn't talking about you...........i don't even know who you are the Jeremy i posted was HitmanZ24

Sorry man didn;t mean to cause problems lol

Monday, June 13, 2005 12:56 PM
VIPERREDZED wrote:^^^ i wasn't talking about you...........i don't even know who you are the Jeremy i posted was HitmanZ24

Sorry man didn;t mean to cause problems lol

No big deal, i figured Paul was asking about me and not the other Jeremy so i figured you were talking about me as well. No hard feelings.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Monday, June 13, 2005 3:19 PM
MORTAL COMBAT!!!!!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search