For drag racing: which of these two ? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
For drag racing: which of these two ?
Thursday, June 30, 2005 5:03 AM
1. High Performance profile 45 tires aired down to about 28 psi on light for its size (19 lbs each) 17" wheels.

2. Pirelli winter tires on 14" stock rims aired down to like 25 psi.

So which is it ?

I've run my better times with my 17's (15.8), but I was still learning when I went to the track with my stock goodyears (16.4) (which I sold) on 14s and I have never been to the track with the winter tires, I just heard of some other people having luck with winter tires.

15.891 @ 88 mph stock, still getting @!#$ty launches...

Re: For drag racing: which of these two ?
Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:57 AM
You should turn better times with the smaller rims but the winter tires will affect how well you hook up. Id do the 14's

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:47 PM
get drag radials

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, July 01, 2005 4:47 AM
99redz24 wrote:get drag radials

Or get some liguid traction and coat the 14's with them. That can improve there traction.

FU Tuning

Friday, July 01, 2005 5:54 PM
guys I was asking for an answer with one of the two choices I listed, and your reasons for your choice. Telling me to get drag radials is not helpful.

15.891 @ 88 mph stock, still getting @!#$ty launches...
Friday, July 01, 2005 6:42 PM
I would try the 14s. Matter of fact, that is what I am going to do this week if I can go to the track.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 1:24 PM
The 14's because they are lighter and somthing to do with the smaller diamiter helps as well. On the flip side the 14's will be easier to spin. I am going to the trak for my first time tonight and I have the stock 15's so we will see.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search