First time at track - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
First time at track
Friday, July 29, 2005 9:52 PM
well guys i went to the track tonight (1/8th mile) and it was my first time so let me know what you think
Reaction: .3357
60 ft: 2.46
330 ft: 6.79
ET @ 594 ft: 9.79
1/8 ET: 10.46
1/8 MPH:76.25

now heres the bad part of the night...i get up to run and i get into the box spin em get my tires nice and warm...get up to the line and as u see i go and get actually pretty decent launch but when i shifted to second- the canister inside my exhaust muffler literally blew out right when i shifted into second..the Bad news in that its a Borla Muffler so i am going to have to call them on monday and see what happens......
then on the way home my buddy was showen me how bad lights are on bikes (he has a Katana 750cc) and so he was like dude turn off ur lights and go to dims so i did for a quick second and i was like oh alright and then when i flipped my lights back on, my drivers side headlight didnt come on and no less than 2 seconds later the (Service-wrench light) comes on and then my light flickers back on, then off twice on the way home...id appriciate any comments and ideas (specially with my exhaust and headlight) and then what yall think bout my times- im 17 and it was my first time out there, id appriciate it..later

Re: First time at track
Friday, July 29, 2005 9:58 PM
sorry forgot to mention my mods
intake, engine mounts, stage II clutch, 9lbs flywheel, short shifter, header all the way back with 2.25 piping...i know i can do way better than 10.4 but im sitten on heavy konigs (24.3 lbs a piece)
Friday, July 29, 2005 11:42 PM
horrible times considering your mods..my first time to the track i pulled a 10.1 with only I/E..and a short throw..
but then again i have Ecotec
Saturday, July 30, 2005 9:38 AM
tha was his first time. he is not going to be the track hero on his first few passes

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:09 PM
That trap speed is horribly off! Are you sure you copied the slip right?

Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:10 PM
By "off"...I meant that it's about 6-7 mph too high for that 1/8 time.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:53 PM
yes..i just checked the slip again..and thanks for you all not doggin me since it was my first time and for L33tjbody- dude- ur such a loser- read my post- it was my first time and im sitting on 18s and oh yeah..ive raced an ecotec with almost the same mods as me except for engine mounts and short shifter and i won so dont even give me crap about me times being bad..
Monday, August 01, 2005 9:37 PM
good runs. you'll get better at track runs. and maybe get on an actual 1320 track.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:33 PM
Kyle Strosnider wrote:yes..i just checked the slip again..and thanks for you all not doggin me since it was my first time and for L33tjbody- dude- ur such a loser- read my post- it was my first time and im sitting on 18s and oh yeah..ive raced an ecotec with almost the same mods as me except for engine mounts and short shifter and i won so dont even give me crap about me times being bad..

so what if it was ur first time....i can skip a gear and run better times than that...
i understand if it wasnt an actual 1320 track
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:01 PM
lash, i agree. i ran a 10.03@70.something with a 2.3 60'. that trap is bs.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:13 PM
^ yup

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 8:11 PM
well i dunno- maybe the track was off by a few and i didnt know it. but whatever guys- i thought yall would be more supportive and not dog my times..
Thursday, August 04, 2005 12:13 PM
Just trying to let ya know. We aren't "doging" you.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 6:37 PM
Tonight was my 2nd time out at the track with my 1998 z24, and this time I actually ran it more than once... All of my runs were within a tenth of eachother, but the best run was the 2nd run...

Reaction: .158
I1: 2.261
I2: 6.623
E.T.: 10.275
MPH: 67.227

I just ordered a few parts for the car, but those times were with everything stock, except for a drop-in K&N Filter. In two weeks, I'll go test it out with my new mods.

1998 Cavalier Z24
Thursday, August 04, 2005 6:41 PM
dont matter- im buying 16s and goin back out there and i should be in the mid to high 9s...24 lb 18" wheels slow you down. peace
Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:59 PM
not bad at all for a first time

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, August 04, 2005 8:20 PM
thanks rodimis
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search