is wheel hop bad - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
is wheel hop bad
Monday, July 25, 2005 1:00 AM
ok i know that its bad but i want to know how not to get wheel hop. when i race i launch at 2500 and i get some wheel hop. going to the track in a week and i dont want to drive 2 hours to get crappy times cause of wheel hop. what should i do or what should i launch at to not get wheel hop? any help is appreciated,thanks.

Re: is wheel hop bad
Monday, July 25, 2005 5:01 AM
you can get some control arm bushings. they help.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, July 25, 2005 12:46 PM
stiffer shocks, stiffer springs

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, July 25, 2005 1:03 PM
wheel hop = the devil

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, July 25, 2005 1:05 PM
i was gonna order the bushing kit from the gp from gravana jim. i thought that it was worth it. what do you all think? is it too expensive? should i just order them separate from somewhere else?

Monday, July 25, 2005 4:36 PM
Wheel hop is deadly if you're an axle or differential.

O noes!
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:07 AM
RK control arms might help, I think I might buy them some day.
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:51 AM
Control Arm Bushings, Motor Mount Inserts or FIlled/Solid Mounts and good tires. Standard Radials don't flex and add to your woes.

Drag Radials at lower psi are plyable...

They don't hop nearly as bad and slicks don't hop at all, unless your doing something wrong.

1995 Dodge Neon Highline - Magnum Powered!
ICEMAN Intake
OBX Pulley,
MP Street Header,
Magnaflow Muffler and
MP SOHC PCM

Dyno Results and Time Slips coming SOON!
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:09 PM
wheel hop is what snaps axles....................

Thursday, July 28, 2005 12:03 PM
launch naturally as though your at a stoplight wait till second gear to lay down your power

slide or die
Thursday, July 28, 2005 12:13 PM
Cavipower the kit from Gravana is WELL worth it. You will not be able to find the pieces in the kit separately for less than that.

Sunday, July 31, 2005 12:14 AM
smeone posted to stop there wheel hop, when they had there car aligned, they asked the guy if he could cure the problem and he said yea and all he did was toe the wheels in alittle bit. i cant remember where i saw it but they said it cured everything and thier launches were perfect! you might try it. talk to someone that nows about racing. just tell them u race the car and it is killing performance and the shop should be able to helo u out.
Monday, August 01, 2005 11:01 AM
but wouldn't having toe in on your wheels kill them quicker....basically having them push agaisnt each other

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 2:31 AM
well i got the bushing kit just need to put everthing in, anyone know how hard it is to put in the trannt mounts and control arm mounts? i put the lower mount in and it wasnt too hard and now i want to put the others but dont know how hard it is.thanks

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 12:34 PM
launch higher. seriously. i race at 2 totally different tracks. one is slicker than oil and one is sticky as glue. the only difference i made at the 2 tracks on my street tires was a little more air (to reduce the contact patch) and a higher launch. i even tried the same PSI at both tracks and all i had to do to cure the hop at the sticky track was launch 500-1000RPM higher. basically your trying to make them spin instead of hop.

as it was explained to me...to make it easier to figure out how to cure both...
spin = too little traction
hop = too much traction

now its not truely too much cause you can never have enough but it makes it easier to understand the cures.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 11:37 PM
My cav just before the rad got punched in, I tried to gun it off a stop light and I got horrible wheel hop. The frame was twisting because it was comprimised after the accident. Also killed alot of the front end and the motor mounts were about to go.
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 1:30 AM
well the front tranny mount is bieng a bitach cause i rounded off one of the bolts and i need to find something to take them off, i can only imagine how hard the rear one will be, so i took my car to a shop to see how much it would cost to have the control arm and tranny mounts put on. they quoted me at 250 bucks to put them on, ill just put them on my self even if i have to get pissed a little bit cause it might be hard to get to, any one know how many bolts it is for the control arms cause im not really sure and i want to know before hand.thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search