manual launch - Racing Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
manual launch
Sunday, August 28, 2005 7:46 PM
i was just asking advice for a good launch in normal street racing...i think of myself as a good driver...but i just cant get the good launch...i either spin too much or i hold the car to close to the friction point and get a low rpm start...

Re: manual launch
Monday, August 29, 2005 6:30 AM
i launch between 4-4.5k RPM my daily front tire psi is 44. this works. on the SOLOII starts that is my rpm but my tire psi is about 48. because we do not have a lot of torque we need the wheel spin get a quicker launch. On a soloII school day we were doing launching drills.. and this way was the best results... now keep in mind that there is a little more to this than just dunping the clutch at 4.5k and slamming the thottle.

when you dump the cluctch just add a little more pressure to the trottle and slowly add more pressure.. you don't want too much wheel spin.. then as soon as you feel it hook and when you are at about 6k rpm shift to second.

can't say that i ever tried this on a street race... well if i did i won't say it here.... only in the VS forum where this should be moved to

Monday, August 29, 2005 8:14 AM
Well you have to practice. If I launch at anything over 2k on the street I'm spinning. unless I have drag radials on. When I use to street race often I would actually drop my tire pressure (just like if at the track) and then find that sweet spot. For me usually about 1600-1700RPM's.
Monday, August 29, 2005 1:15 PM
I use 32 front and 34 rear and launch at 2500rpms. Don't forget to apply more gas as you slip the clutch out, then as soon as you get traction floor it. I've pulled a 2.0
60' on stock 14's and tires by doing that but I mostly get 2.1's. The only mods I had at the time were a cone filter and 2 1/4" catback exhaust. Don't drop the clutch whatsoever because that will just have you spinning your tread off.

44psi daily is VERY high unless you're into AutoX, but then again, daily driving shouldn't be like AutoX.

Peace
Monday, August 29, 2005 1:35 PM
Sasuke wrote:44psi daily is VERY high unless you're into AutoX, but then again, daily driving shouldn't be like AutoX.

well my max tire psi rating is 51psi... so the tire can take that high psi and not distort.

Also running that psi i get better gas milage... especially on the highways.

i don't drive like its autoX everyday... just most days.. i like a great handling car everyday.. even though i adjust my struts to "street" settings and i do drop my psi to 44 as i stated that i auto x with 48 in the fronts

Monday, August 29, 2005 6:03 PM
Quote:

i don't drive like its autoX everyday... just most days..

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search