Hankook RS-2s - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hankook RS-2s
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:57 PM
After a disappointing out last week (best 60' was a 2.320), I just ordered a set (195/60R14 mounted on Motegi MR7s) of these RS-2s, and I'll be picking them up before heading to the track for Friday even street legal racing...

Anyone else running these tires, what kind of PSI should they respond too? Do they need a burnout?

I'm beggin for 14s, if I can get a decent launch and learn to shift... it may just happen.

Re: Hankook RS-2s
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 5:31 PM
these tires have been getting rave reviews in the miata community as outstanding street and light duty auto-x tires.
they're a little on the heavy side as far as street tires go, but grip is supposedly amazing.
you could very well ruin some very nice tires using them at the strip, but they'll do ya' better than the typical touring tires found in those 14" sizes, that's for sure.

Have you seen the turbo wagon?

14.069 @ 98.91mph
229.1hp & 261.7ft/lbs @ 6psi
no tuning time
Thursday, September 01, 2005 2:05 PM
i have hankooks and they grip like champs...for the price...they are amazing

Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:34 PM
So do I need to get these things warm... Or just run 'em cold? I was thinking 25psi...

Also, do they need any scuffing? Should I drive 'em from the tire shop to the track (about 30miles and unplugging the abs sensor of course)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search