Sweetness: 14.24 @ 100.1 mph - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sweetness: 14.24 @ 100.1 mph
Monday, September 19, 2005 12:49 PM
So... yeah I took the car to the track on saturday to see how she'd fare compared to two months ago....

First off, my highest trap speed of the night was 103.2 mph...

A few things about the car: I have a leak at the T3 flange before the turbo, the car misfired on this run at the top of 4th gear completely (you could feel and hear it), I had a trunk full of tools, no weight reduction to the car, and 17" moda R6 rims on the front with half bald Kumho 612's....

Since the lights were broken on my lane at the starting line all we I have is the 1/8, 1/4 and trap #'s...

1/8: 9.3
1/4: 14.24 @ 100.1 mph....

I had problems getting out of the hole all night, and the misfire got worse as my gas tank went lower....

Looking at this, if I can button up my exhaust leak (gotta machine the flanges flat now), fix my misfire up top and get a decent set of tires on the car she's good for a decent 13 second run.

Overall I'm happy, as I gained 1 second since the JCO bash and 5 mph...

At the JCO bash I ran a 15.27 @ 98.5 mph....

At any rate, you can look at my registry for my mods. The car was only hitting about 12 psi in 4th gear, and 9 psi in 3rd and 7 psi in 1 and 2..... and my spoolup was slower due to the exhaust leak.

Overall I'm pretty happy - this has shown me the potential in the car if I can iron out a few kinks, get some tires and learn to drive.

I'm not quite on Suncavi's heels yet, but I sure would like to hit a 12 sometime in the next season at the 14psi I run on the street.

If anybody has any advice, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...

Re: Sweetness: 14.24 @ 100.1 mph
Monday, September 19, 2005 3:41 PM
wow, congrats on the times.

I can't wait to see you in the 12 second club

Any video's of said 100mph pass?

Monday, September 19, 2005 4:42 PM
Awesome, Chris! It's about time bro!!

Very cool!!

Monday, September 19, 2005 8:54 PM
for 12lbs of boost those times are not very good. What was the weather/trackconditions like?

But as long as you are happy is all that matters

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Monday, September 19, 2005 9:01 PM
Boostedeco - look at the list of crap going WRONG with the car. Haha. Including the idiot driver.

I'm happy because it's an improvement over the exact same car from 2 months before.

It can only get better.

Look at my darn trap speeds

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:56 PM
Good job Chris. Its funny, we both improved one full second each our 2nd time on the track from our time at the JBO Bash.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 6:50 PM
I wasn't trying to bash you or anything. Yeah i read you have problems. Hell i get the misfire code at the top of 4th sometimes. But the only reason i said that it isn't good is because on my 18's, with 3/4 tank of gas, and 7psi i have ran a best for this year of 14.0@99mph. It was also 90 degrees out too

But like i said keep up the work and you will see the results you want. Good Luck

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:31 PM
boostedeco wrote:I wasn't trying to bash you or anything. Yeah i read you have problems. Hell i get the misfire code at the top of 4th sometimes. But the only reason i said that it isn't good is because on my 18's, with 3/4 tank of gas, and 7psi i have ran a best for this year of 14.0@99mph. It was also 90 degrees out too

But like i said keep up the work and you will see the results you want. Good Luck

No worries I don't take it as a bash. I know the car can do more... just gotta fix the problems and learn how to drive....

As she stands now on my boost pressure she should be good for MUCH more in the 1/4... my pleasure was seeing my times finally drop to a quasi-acceptable level.

I was VERY unhappy with a 15.2 @ 98.5 at the JCO bash. I know stock cars that can run that at 88-90 mph.

Thanks for the compliments. If you can offer any advice to me to pull that time down in any way, I'm all ears. This is a forum for learning after all

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:13 AM
Hey Chris it was good to see ya at the track again runnin better times

Once you get that 2-3 shift misfire figured out that car will be movin

it looked great for first and 2nd then 3rd you had troubles but 4th was good again so when you get that worked out there are some mid-low 13's in there for sure

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search