Pics and results from the track this weekend - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pics and results from the track this weekend
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:29 PM
Saturday i made it down to the semi finals final 3 cars out of 43 and sunday i made it to the 1/4 finals final 8 cars out of 53 so it was a decent weekend

Here is a elimination run my 15.70 dial in to his 15.00 i ran 15.71 he went to fast and went 14.97 8)

Here is another my 15.67 dial in to his 12.24 i ran 15.671 to his 12.44

These are just a couple from time trials the one is at the top end slowing down i love that pic

Re: Pics and results from the track this weekend
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 5:13 AM
very nice.

love the pics

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:56 PM
Tony Wise(emokidpsy) wrote:very nice.
love the pics

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:20 PM
man i need to get pics of the car gettin ready to launch.....sweet pics....nice times too

Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:39 AM
I never want to race you again.

Nice runs!

Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:14 AM
Those aren't slicks or DR's on the front, are they?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, October 06, 2005 11:35 AM
225/50/15 BFGoodrich Drag Radials

they work great my best ET sat was 15.59 my best sun was 15.63 60's were 2.17 all weekend till the run i lost where i didn't heat them up enough and spun to a 2.22

my best 60 ever with them is 2.09 but i don't like launchin that high cus for bracket racing its consistancy

Thursday, October 06, 2005 1:31 PM
lol, 15.3?

Thursday, October 06, 2005 6:09 PM
15.3 is my best time ever from last fall.............this year the best i have done is 15.44 but that was before i blew the clutch and the tranny with the new tranny and clutch my best has been 15.53

but i will be racig in 9 degree weather on sat like it was when i did the 15.3 so i am hopin for some good times

Thursday, October 06, 2005 7:53 PM
ah, so 9 degrees F. Not 90. I see, most of my runs were done at 85+
Hopefully I run this winter in 80 degree weather.
How cold was it with your recent runs?

Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:49 PM
26 Degrees C other runs were 9 degrees Celcius

Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:51 PM
so 9 degrees C would be 49 F
and 26 C would be 79

I am in Canada so we use celcius lol

Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:49 PM
hey i run a 16.0 when it was 34 c .
Friday, October 07, 2005 9:25 AM
VIPERREDZED wrote:225/50/15 BFGoodrich Drag Radials

they work great my best ET sat was 15.59 my best sun was 15.63 60's were 2.17 all weekend till the run i lost where i didn't heat them up enough and spun to a 2.22

my best 60 ever with them is 2.09 but i don't like launchin that high cus for bracket racing its consistancy

What psi were you running in the tires? And what RPM were you launching at that you say "that high"? I'm just curious, cuz this isn't to brag or anything, but I honestly see that it seems J-bodies either really suck with traction, maybe due to suspension design, maybe frontal weight, or maybe its just drivers... The 60' in my sig was on dry-rotted and bald stock tires, and I really don't think of myself an exceptional driver. Maybe my car just has more weight up front to make em stick... but it seems a trend with J-bodies especially that 60' times, even with radials and slicks, aren't that great.

Now I understand you're bracket racing, so obviously you're just trying to be consistent, but this was just something that I've noticed throughout the racing forum and I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it. Maybe I can con LambOfGoddess or DaFlyinSkwirl to let me take a few runs in their cars next time we get out to atco and see what the difference seems to be. I want a J as a drag-only car mainly because they're light and have solid engines, so as of right now my main concern is seeing what's up with this traction situation. ANy thoughts?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, October 07, 2005 1:18 PM
i ran a couple 2.0 60 foot times before with my drag radials

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, October 07, 2005 2:35 PM
Yeah but my point is that i did consistent 2.0's with my stock Eagle RSA's... I don't know what I could do on radials (although hopefully I'll know before next season is out), but I see posts all the time on here with people running relatively slow 60' times even with DR's. I'm just wondering what psi is being run in them and what RPM is being used to launch... DR's should really be cracking 1.9's at least. Obviously power is part of the equation so maybe on a stock-ish car it should be at least consistently low 2.0's. I know FWD's get the rap for having traction issues, but really I'm starting to think its more of a driver thing. I know Mandy cuts 2.1's in her J on stock 1SV tires aired down to 20 psi and launching between 3500 and 4000 rpm.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, October 07, 2005 2:37 PM
look at your et in your sig you 2 second FASTER than my your 60 really isn;t that great lol

my race car went 14.0 with a 1.9 60 i really have no idea whats good for FWD i usually race a 72 Nova that runs 11.3 and my 60's in that are 1.50...........

but 2.1 is a great 60 to be runnin as slow as my car is i got the dragradials specifically so that i would not spin and would be more consistant for bracket racing thats it..........

Honestly though how is a 2.0 60 crappy for a car 2 seconds slow than your lol

Friday, October 07, 2005 2:39 PM
i launch at 2500-3000 air pressure in the drag radials is 25psi.............tried lower went slower

Friday, October 07, 2005 7:26 PM
25 psi? WOW
i go down to about 15 psi

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, October 07, 2005 8:34 PM
Quote:

look at your et in your sig you 2 second FASTER than my your 60 really isn;t that great lol

Yeah, but its still a faster 60' than you on STOCK tires Lol j/k. I wasn't saying it to rag, and I'm sure power has something to do with it, but running DR's you should be capable of dead low 2.0's into high 1.9's at least. 25 psi is way too much pressure for any kind of drag racing use... if you went slower at lower psi its probably because you need to rev higher and come off the clutch harder. I use 15 psi on the stockers. Like I said, I understand you're bracket racing and going for consistency, so I know you're not going for best ET every time like i do, since i really only race time trials and test and tune (although i did win the fastest bracket class at waterfest this year ).

My point was that I see a lot of J's with relatively slow 60's even when they DO trap higher and are on DR's. I dunno, maybe a pointless observation, but over in my native world of vwvortex it seems that DR's almost always result in at very worst a 1.9 60'.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, October 08, 2005 9:10 PM
DUDE you gotta run LOW 14's to have a 1.9 60'.................my DRAG CAR 1972 Nova with Slicks went 14.0 with a 1.9..........then 13.3 with 1.8 then 12.2 with a 1.6 then 11.3 with a 1.5

2.1 is a awesome 60' for a 15 second car............

your trying to compared VW (prolly mostly TURBOED) to a 150hp NA 4 banger............with only 155ftlbs............

1.9 60' is NOT attainable by my car with any driver my engine is BONE stock

the lower i took the pressure the more it spun you would know nothing about them on a J since you have a beetle no 2 cars are the same you have to set up your car for the conditions of the track and the car..............

tonite i went 2.11 60' and went 15.42@89 which is really good for a car like mine with only engine mounts and tranny mounts and a intake

Saturday, October 08, 2005 9:43 PM
And thats why there's an eco J in the honor roll with an almost completely stock engine cutting 1.9's and running high 14's?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, October 08, 2005 10:20 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:And thats why there's an eco J in the honor roll with an almost completely stock engine cutting 1.9's and running high 14's?

1.955 60'. Damn good, but not stock.

Prothane Lower Motor Mount
RK Sport Upper Engine Mount
RK Sport Cold Air Intake
Removed AC Unit and Lines
SPEC Alum Flywheel
SPEC Stage IV Clutch

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:
BF Goodrich T/A Drag Radials 205/50/15
KONI Yellow Shock/Strut KIT
Prothane Lower Control Arm Bushings
Prothane Front/Rear Transmission Mounts
Weld Racing rims 15x8

Interior:
B&M Short Throw Shifter
Removed Heater/AC unit
Removed Back Seat
Removed Spare Tire

Audio:
Removing all audio - dont need - check out 99 chevy profile

Miscellaneous:
AutoMeter 4727 Oil Pressure Gauge
AutoMeter 4763 Fuel Pressure Gauge
AutoMeter 4775 Air/Fuel gauge
AutoMeter 4791 Volt Meter Gauge
AutoMeter 6835 5 1/4 Carbon Fiber Tach
Hurst 174 5000 Roll Control Line/Loc (2) one for each rear tire
MSD PN 8739 2 Step RPM Module
MSD PN 8950 RPM Activated Switch

So pretty much gutted, super strong clutch, dedicated racing wheels with Drag radials, and an msd launch controller (I think)

Although he doesn't have many hp adders like exhaust and such. Just intake.

Sunday, October 09, 2005 7:42 AM
Just using him as an example that you don't "have to run LOW 14's" to get a 1.9.

Stock/stockish Z24's and eco's get 2.1's all the time, on regular old street tires. He brackets, so he uses them for consistency and all, and I understand that. But its not that good of a 60' time for using radials... not at all.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Sunday, October 09, 2005 8:24 PM
i never started this thread to say it was a good 60' time i started it to show how well i did at bracket racing...........its the only type of drag racing you can do competively in a cavalier

i am a competitive winning bracket racer.........i could care less about breaking my personal best time that means nothing to me at all

I have never seen a STOCK FWD car do a 1.9 60' time in my 10 years of track experince only AWD usually hit that well

the guy you showed had his rotating mass lightened ALOT so thats not stock at all i run my car in street trim with Drag Radials NOT for best time but so i run the same time every single time i dunno why your making such a big deal out of this 60' time......

you don't see me over on some VW board harrassing people do you telling them there time suck and stuff..........

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search