Pics and results from the track this weekend - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Pics and results from the track this weekend
Sunday, October 09, 2005 9:19 PM
Who's harassing? All I did was ask you a question as to what you do to launch because I don't consider 2.1's on DR's to be in the ballpark of where they should be. I get that you run them for consistency, but I kinda changed the topic in that I see a lot of people running DR's that don't get very good 60's. Was basically just trying to see what you thought. I'm not trying to make fun or anything like that. Any time i do poke fun at people or make a sarcastic comment it is only out of fun, not meant to be hurtful. I'll leave you alone now. You use DR's for consistency, and thats fine. My apologies for offending you, it wasn't my intent.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:36 PM
Viper guy, the reason you were spinning more the more air you took out of the tires is because you were caving them in the middle making the tire have only a contact with the track on the outside ends.

Very common problem we have running slicks, either too much where it only contacts in the middle or too lottle on the ends.
You just have to find a sweet spot.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Monday, October 10, 2005 11:16 AM
^^ yeah i knew that i went out on the highway and made some test patches till i got a nice fulll mark 25 psi is right for my car it also depends what track your on

the thing i don't think you under stand with cavvys is the reson you don't se better tna 2.1 on our car is because thats pretty much as good as it gets if you hit 2.0 whitch i HAVE on a mid-high 15 second car your doing good

i used to have a 2.4 AUTO also and i got a 2.07 60 out of it a couple times but 2.0 and run 15.8 in a auto is amazing.........

Monday, October 10, 2005 5:17 PM
you should tell the guy with the truck that that tailgate down is actually causing more drag than it would if he had it up.

-Chris

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 3:59 PM
IamRascal wrote:you should tell the guy with the truck that that tailgate down is actually causing more drag than it would if he had it up.

right......

and btw... my j has little to no body roll

and for this topic.. i was hitting 2.2X all night on my 17" rims and ran a 15.421.... and yes i was there with viperredzed pulling some sweet runs

and like that "stock" ecotec... i have a fully modded and adjustable suspension... that helped... as for the engine... a cosmo racing intake.... and a flowmaster 40 series muffler only. Also, i was not gutted except for the spare tire... other than that the car was in full trim

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search