So...how do you secure your 4-point harness - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
So...how do you secure your 4-point harness
Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:40 AM
this is primarily directed at autocrossers. I'm looking for better ways to secure a harness to a j-body.

Currently I have a hole drilled square tubing behind the rear seats and an eye bolt I connect the shoulder straps too.

The bottom straps are connected to the stock mounting points.

looking for other methods. Specifically ones that are within the safe angle range to avoid spinal compression.

-Chris

Re: So...how do you secure your 4-point harness
Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:52 PM
I think the easiest thing to do is run them to the back seat factory belt locations on the bottom. The angle is still a little to steep, but it is MUCH better than 90 degrees

Are you using them on the street or just on the track?

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:57 PM
mounting them in the rear seatbelt holes is perfectly ok. Ive had it tech inspected by NHRA, IHRA, and NDRA tech crews and they all said that it was within limits, just barely, but completely safe. i have the lap belts mounted into the stock points and the anti-sub belt mounted with the left side lap belt for now.

all have passed tech easily numerous times

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:55 PM
Those are good ways to do it just make sure that the bar you use to support the shoulder belt is strongly mounted and ABOVE your shoulders. Otherwise it will compress your spine. My suggestion would be to put in a four point roll bar for maximum support.

Boosted 97 2.2L 5 Speed
Boosted 3.4L soon to come
Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:46 PM
I've seen ads from Sparco fo a harness bar. Anybody put one in a J yet? I've only seen them for Hondas and other imports.

"Silly cluth, glazing is for donuts!"
Saturday, October 22, 2005 4:31 PM
There's a guy here in BC who put one in his '00 Z24, which he made himself...hasn't raced since he put it in though

CACC BC Region - DSP
http:www.victoriamotorsports.ca
Sunday, October 23, 2005 1:11 PM
the harness bars for the sunfires are actually too-high IMO. If I had access to a welder, and a shop I know how I'd build one.

-Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search