everyone is lowering tire pressure at the track... - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: everyone is lowering tire pressure at the trac
Thursday, November 03, 2005 9:18 PM
I agree that the availible media outlets are quite one-sided when it comes to coverage, but remember, us here on the JBO don't make those decisions (I don't think :-?)

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 10:27 PM
Zach wrote:
John Higgins wrote:I have to respond to this in regards to the racetrack. In my area people say racetrack and they mean the drag strip. Who really cares if someone post a RaceTrack and it is drag strip, or circle track. Why does it matter. If you read it and it is not what you want go out of the post. Dang. I get tired of this crap between autoX's and drag racers.

The autocrossers are just PISSED that nascar owns most of speed channel and has done away with most of the real racing in favor of bullcrap shows that follow the drivers around. Somebody has to feel our anger.

LOL, what does NASCAR have anything to do with drag racing? If you wanna be pissed about NASCAR i'm right there with ya, i'd rather be watching F1 or WRC, but you guys were calling out the drag racers.... if anything we're brothers at arms since both forms of racing are fairly grassroots.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, November 04, 2005 5:45 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:
Zach wrote:
John Higgins wrote:I have to respond to this in regards to the racetrack. In my area people say racetrack and they mean the drag strip. Who really cares if someone post a RaceTrack and it is drag strip, or circle track. Why does it matter. If you read it and it is not what you want go out of the post. Dang. I get tired of this crap between autoX's and drag racers.

The autocrossers are just PISSED that nascar owns most of speed channel and has done away with most of the real racing in favor of bullcrap shows that follow the drivers around. Somebody has to feel our anger.

LOL, what does NASCAR have anything to do with drag racing? If you wanna be pissed about NASCAR i'm right there with ya, i'd rather be watching F1 or WRC, but you guys were calling out the drag racers.... if anything we're brothers at arms since both forms of racing are fairly grassroots.

see and now were all friends again we found something we can all hate.

-Chris

Friday, November 04, 2005 7:56 AM
man....that got out of hand

the little things that start flame wars on the org....ahhhhh

Friday, November 04, 2005 10:06 AM
Yeah what the @!#$, who wants to watch stock cars go around in circle when you could be watching an open wheeled car on a road course, or a WRX ripping it up in some dirt.

NASCAR is nothing but an excuse for hillbillies to take the day off work and drink beer. Bunch of overnight successes who got jobs by racing beaters around dirt tracks for 10 years.

Sorry I just wanted to be an ass too!

Friday, November 04, 2005 10:32 AM
Quote:

NASCAR is nothing but an excuse for hillbillies to take the day off work and drink beer. Bunch of overnight successes who got jobs by racing beaters around dirt tracks for 10 years.

Gotta love the truth...
Friday, November 04, 2005 10:36 AM
actually there are a lot of internal dynamics to nascar that arn't very apparent, just like drag racing. Investigate it a little bit.

I actually enjoy when they do the roadcourses, that's when you see the guys who are all around on top of their game.

My biggest beef with nascar is that a lot of the drivers are immature pricks, that go off the handle way to much and it's been really apparent in the past 2 seasons.

-Chris

Friday, November 04, 2005 11:46 AM
Im just saying I would watch NASCAR if they drove on more technical circuits. My cousin works for Penske Racing is Charlotte, NC and from everything I hear its mostly 1 engineering team vs another... Not a whole lot of driving skill factor
Friday, November 04, 2005 3:52 PM
IamRascal wrote:actually there are a lot of internal dynamics to nascar that arn't very apparent, just like drag racing. Investigate it a little bit.

Yeah I know, I was being somewhat sarcastic. I've watched RacerX .

Friday, November 04, 2005 4:43 PM
YaNi wrote:Im just saying I would watch NASCAR if they drove on more technical circuits. My cousin works for Penske Racing is Charlotte, NC and from everything I hear its mostly 1 engineering team vs another... Not a whole lot of driving skill factor

I agree, it's almost all in the engineering. The driver is basically there to provide feedback to the people adjusting the car. The only real 'skills' required from the driver are some basic instincts, and decent reflexes (to avoid accidents and whatnot). I think many people could do the job, they just have to get lucky and be in the right place at the right time. Obviously keeping a car planted (under such strict regulations) around a corner at speeds approaching 200mph is difficult, but it's the car's design that does it, the driver just has to know when to start turning and be able to feel when the car is breaking traction and let up a bit.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search