Woo Hoo 14's!! Is this good? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Woo Hoo 14's!! Is this good?
Monday, November 07, 2005 7:25 AM
Ran it this past weekend at the track just to see what I'm doing. Never thought it would do as good as it did but boy am I happy! I've never had a 4cyl car before and I honestly don't know if this is good or not. However I'm thinking its not too bad but I'd like you guys input. I won't bother to post the times on my first couple runs cause they were less then stellar. But once I got the launch figured out I did pretty good.

R/T ......... .697
60'........... 2.101
330'......... 6.096
1/8........... 9.483
MPH........ 73.92
1000'....... 12.389
1/4........... 14.896
MPH........ 91.86

Well what do you guys think? Not too bad for the first time I had the Cavy at the track.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Re: Woo Hoo 14's!! Is this good?
Monday, November 07, 2005 10:16 AM
a 14.8 with a trap speed of 91 mph is right about on par. The time itself is a little to the mediocre side, but you are definitely making full use of the power your car has. Pretty good 60' too. What boost and turbo size are you running again?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, November 07, 2005 10:43 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:What boost and turbo size are you running again?

Checked reg........

Not turbo..... so GREAT TIME......... GREAT 60'................

wow 14.8 with Minor bolt on's.... the ecos are proven themselves.......

Go ECO...

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Monday, November 07, 2005 10:50 AM
No boost, No spray, All engine. The reason for my asking if its good is this is my first FWD 4cyl. car and it was my first time taking it to the track so I had to get used to launching it without blowing off the tires.

Monday, November 07, 2005 1:01 PM
hahaha my bad jackalope, i got you confused with Jcavi for some reason... my bad! I thought you were an auto on boost, alright now that we've got that straightened out, nice time! I'd like to see the slip itself, but Mandy (lambofgoddess) is gonna be pissed that you stole her second fastest n/a eco spot on the honor roll!

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, November 07, 2005 1:10 PM
Are you serious Scarab or are you just kidding? 2nd fastest? I didn't know there was someone keeping track. But damn if thats the case I guess I did do good.

I would like to thank all of you guys and girls for all the help you've given me with your
invaluable expertise with Cavys. I'm being 100% serious here THANK YOU. I may have been able to get it this fast without your help but it sure would have taken me a lot
longer.

Monday, November 07, 2005 1:13 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

hahahhaa..nice job jackalope. looks like im taking a trip to the track this friday again.

go add yourself to the list. it's a sticky in this forum.

Monday, November 07, 2005 1:50 PM
Wow! Thanks Mandy. I never meant to knock anyone out of anything, hell I didn't even know there was a top 5 till Scarab said so. This is the first time I posted in this forum as I haven't raced in a couple years. You should have seen my 1at couple attempts they were baaadddd! almost a second reaction on one run a horrible 60' on another missed a shift once. Hey it was my time in the Cavy.

Monday, November 07, 2005 2:31 PM
Nice man, I wish I could cut that 60'. Where did you run and what tires?

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, November 07, 2005 3:14 PM
Thanks Fire Fighter. I ran at Capital and I took off my 18's and ran the stock rims with
BF Goodrich Radial T/A's running 25psi.

Monday, November 07, 2005 4:24 PM
Jackalope wrote:Thanks Fire Fighter. I ran at Capital and I took off my 18's and ran the stock rims with
BF Goodrich Radial T/A's running 25psi.

Nice time, it has to be the Goodrich tires. jk

Monday, November 07, 2005 4:36 PM
Nice times. Ihave a question it says you have are-flashed ECU. What kind of re-flash? Who did it?

FU Tuning

Monday, November 07, 2005 4:37 PM
Very nice Jackalope. Now, TURN UP THE...oh, wait...nevermind.

Lee: I wouldn't call a ported head a "minor bolt-on" though

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Monday, November 07, 2005 4:59 PM
John your not the first to ask that. I have a customer that owns a high performance shop in Howard county he does mostly Corvette stuff and computer controlled street rods. Believe it or not hes bought about 9 or 10 ECOtec engines since I've known him
( 2 years ) they put them into street rods. Anyway I gave him an extra ECM for him to
"play with" ( his words not mine ) and see what he could do with the understanding that if he screwed something up it falls under the tough crap catagory. When I got it back my DRL's were turned off the car no longer has a rev limiter nor a top speed govenor. I asked if I could give out his shops name to the org. and he asked me to
" please hold off till he got some of the bugs worked out " Bugg #1 I found was at first
the car was running so rich it just blew black smoke and would hardly go. Apparently the fuel mapping gave him a fit ( ? ) anyway as soon as he says its cool I'll post all his info. I know what it sounds like but you can ask anyones whos seen my car and they can tell you I'm not bsing you.

OHV notec. Thanks man!! I found out some veeerrrrrry interesting stuff about
turbonetics so that may be in the future.

Monday, November 07, 2005 5:23 PM
finally a reflash for the eco, what would he chrage for this reflash.
Monday, November 07, 2005 5:52 PM
I am also interested in the reflash , I have to do all that i can to hold the top spot, you all are makin me nervous .

Maybe he will get us a group rate on the ECU reflash

-Ben

ONLY All Motor Quick 8 H2 (GMSCB 2005)

Best times of 2005
60' - 1.955 (9/30/05)
330' - 5.987 (9/30/05)
1/8 - 9.312 (9/30/05)
M.P.H.- 74.85 (9/30/05)
1000' - 12.213 (9/30/05)
1/4 - 14.670 (9/30/05)
M.P.H.- 92.78 (9/30/05)
Monday, November 07, 2005 5:54 PM
listening...

Monday, November 07, 2005 6:45 PM
WHOE!! Guys I had to swear I wouldn't tell till he said I could. It took him more then a couple times to get it right too. I'll ask him if he's gotten it to a point to where he would feel comfortable doing it for customers as opposed to doing it for a friend.

I'll check but don't blow this out of proportion.

Ben, I don't run every weekend in fact this was my first time out with the Cavy and I don't expect to go back out till I either get my cams or go with forced induction. I'd say I'm not a threat to your top spot bud.

Monday, November 07, 2005 7:08 PM
WE'RE COMMIN FOR YOU BEN!!

=P

jackalope..i cut a 2.0 60" on bald street tires haha,i bet you could do the same, if not better if you keep at it. i was at the track at least once a week over the summer so i got a lot of practice..you should go back and try some more, you could maybe squeeze a couple more tenths out of your car

Monday, November 07, 2005 7:18 PM
Lamb, Yeah a guy at work asked me if I deep staged. I had never heard of this before
and he said it could knock a tenth or two off the 60' times. But if I go every weekend and I brake something my wife will KILL me. You will hear about me on the news a gaurentee it. I'd like to go back more but its just not feasible right now, maybe next summer. But I'll be watching you guys and I wish you all the best luck.

Monday, November 07, 2005 7:50 PM
yeah you probably could get a 1.9 60" i'm sure.

haha, well hopefully you can go again sometime. thanks, and good luck to you too.

Monday, November 07, 2005 8:52 PM
OHV notec wrote:Lee: I wouldn't call a ported head a "minor bolt-on" though

but I don't know the extent of the porting job could have been done at home ..........

porting a head is MINOR...... unless it's a $600 port and polish job.....

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Monday, November 07, 2005 10:29 PM
I've seen heads that were ported at home coming out better than $800 professional jobs
The way I look at it, pulling the head off, taking it apart, porting it, cleaning it up, putting it back together, and then reinstalling it is way too much for a "bolt-on". It's easier to swap in some new rods, and nobody would consider those in the 'bolt-on' department

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Monday, November 07, 2005 10:48 PM
Nice times. And not only that, he brings news of another possible source for reflashes. Great job and info!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:28 AM
daymm..if you was paired with a type s or a type r. and u beat it..what would they think..lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search