Woo Hoo 14's!! Is this good? - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Woo Hoo 14's!! Is this good?
Tuesday, November 08, 2005 11:29 AM
great job glad to see yet another ecotec N/A in the 14's

The one, the only, ME.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:30 PM
Thanks guys.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 2:22 PM
Jackalope wrote:John your not the first to ask that. I have a customer that owns a high performance shop in Howard county he does mostly Corvette stuff and computer controlled street rods. Believe it or not hes bought about 9 or 10 ECOtec engines since I've known him
( 2 years ) they put them into street rods. Anyway I gave him an extra ECM for him to
"play with" ( his words not mine ) and see what he could do with the understanding that if he screwed something up it falls under the tough crap catagory. When I got it back my DRL's were turned off the car no longer has a rev limiter nor a top speed govenor. I asked if I could give out his shops name to the org. and he asked me to
" please hold off till he got some of the bugs worked out " Bugg #1 I found was at first
the car was running so rich it just blew black smoke and would hardly go. Apparently the fuel mapping gave him a fit ( ? ) anyway as soon as he says its cool I'll post all his info. I know what it sounds like but you can ask anyones whos seen my car and they can tell you I'm not bsing you.

OHV notec. Thanks man!! I found out some veeerrrrrry interesting stuff about
turbonetics so that may be in the future.

So you really do not know what the guy did to the ECU? It is good to hear others are learning to work with it. Just without knowing what was done to it, it might not be helping you at all. Have you had the car on a dyno?

FU Tuning

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 8:45 PM
Quote:

So you really do not know what the guy did to the ECU? It is good to hear others are learning to work with it. Just without knowing what was done to it, it might not be helping you at all.

This is the point I was trying to get at in other threads of his....but people would flame me for asking too many questions. I sure as hell wouldn't let anybody touch my ECU if I didn't know EXACTLEY what they were doing to it.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 4:49 AM
Jackalope get to a dyno man ! With these times I wouldn't be surprised if you were in the 160 whp range !!!

This is extremely pleasing to hear that our ecus can be tuned so successfully. I mean 14.8 is , as was said, rsx type-s range which is extremely good for your modifications.

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 5:06 AM
he worked on an ECU from a wrecked car. I still have the original untouched one JUST IN CASE! But for a freebee I figured what the hell. It was an exparament that he did trying to figure it out hence the need to go back several times, but again ut was free.
All I did was supply him with the ECU and working at a Chevy dealer that has a body shop it was only a matter of time before a wrecked '04 5 spd car would get totaled and I scored the ECU free from it. So I really had nothing to lose, Tho I do wish the rev limiter was still there for protection. But at any rate I'll let you guys know when he starts doing them for regular customers.

AS for the dyno, I have no idea who has one in MD anymore.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search