Drag Springs... - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Drag Springs...
Sunday, November 13, 2005 10:15 AM
I am on the market to lower the stance of my 2001 Cavalier 2.4L. I drive the car daily back and forth from school and then on weekends I race it at the local drag strip. I am almost complete with installing my t3/t4 turbo setup as well. I already have tranny and motor mounts for the car. I am looking for some lowering springs that will be good for street use but also good for the drag strip. I am not totally sure if I will have wheel hop with my new mods yet because I have yet to drive the car. So what springs would you guys recommend me getting? Or should I just get some and work from there with those springs as far as other mods such as control bushings and stuff. Thanks in advance!

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Re: Drag Springs...
Sunday, November 13, 2005 11:21 AM
i think shocks and struts would be more better for the track then just springs.
something thats easy to adjust like Koni Yellows

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, November 13, 2005 12:21 PM
A height and ride adjustable coilover system would be the best to tune the suspension for maximum performance at the track.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:52 AM
def get some shocks, koni yellows, AGX's, D-Specs, just something. If your choice is shocks, or springs. you'll get the biggest difference out of the shocks, otherwise if you can, get both, or a coiover setup.

Run the rears at full stiff, and the fronts you'll have to play with, but start at medium and go from there depending on what the car does. If your going to be running a turbo setup I'd reccomend some drag radials for the front to get that power to the ground.

-Chris

Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:50 AM
to help get rid of the wheel hop get a set of the Poly Urathane Control arm Bushings, Engine Mounts, Tranny mounts and a front subframe brace all these things stiffen up the front to reduce the hop my car gets next to no wheel hop anymore unless i launch at like 4G+

Saturday, November 19, 2005 11:44 AM
Ya I already have the transmission and upper and lower motor mounts. I was planning on getting the Contral arm bushings for Christmas. I am basically just looking for a lower stance on my car but at the same time don't want it to effect my cars performance at the track like with wheel hop. Thanks for the advice everyone its greatly appreciated!

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Sunday, November 20, 2005 3:14 PM
With these coilovers, would you be able to change your height? So that in the spring/summer you could be fully lowered, but when winter came around you could raise it back up a ways?
Monday, November 21, 2005 12:06 PM
wheel hop sucks. I just got the full prothane set, just waiting to install, then for the track to reopen. God I hate winter.

Spelled the way I want
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search