Funny story - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Funny story
Monday, November 14, 2005 10:49 AM
This should give you guys a smile. Sunday I went to get gas and get my tires checked
at my friends work, his buddy works with him and owns a Mustang convertable. Not
sure of the year but he says its the last year for the 5.0 so if anyone knows...... Anyway
hes spent a ton on this car all stainless hardware, all poly bushings, roll cage, BFG raceing tires and all sorts of stereo stuff like crazy. Anyway his car runs a best of 15.6,
15.6!! I showed him my time slip from my 14.8 run and I thought he was gonna be sick!
I and everyone else that was there thought it was funny as hell as I'm sure all you will too. I mean a lowly little Cavailer can beat up a bbig bad 5.0 Mustang. Anyway enjoy the giggle

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Re: Funny story
Monday, November 14, 2005 10:58 AM
Doesn't surprise me, a guy that lives accross the street from me has a 5.0 Mustang and was all hyped about running 16's.

My first reaction was "What's wrong with it?"

-Chris

Monday, November 14, 2005 1:21 PM
BTW its an auto.

Monday, November 14, 2005 9:11 PM
lol i think the last year for the 5.0 was 94 or 95, i could be wrong though... it was actually in the non-foxbody style for 1 year before it finally got canned if i'm not mistaken. But anyway, i have yet to encounter a 5.0 car at ATCO that I couldn't smoke easily, any of them that have beaten me are full drag cars. For all the fanfare that the motor gets i'm not very impressed with its response to bolt ons.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:22 PM
5.0's are the king of bolt ons. I've seen pretty much stock foxes (intake pipe, catback exhaust) on 3.55 gears and street tires run 14.0's. GT40 heads and intake and some slicks will net flat 13's.

O noes!
Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:27 AM
/\ /\ /\ /\ Head swapping isn't really a simple bolt on but I know where your coming from
they can be made quick but this one isn't and I think its funnier then hell that I can walk away from a big bad 5.0 in my little 2.2.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:37 AM
lol a roll cage to run 15's. guess with a CAI and a header im gonna have to spring for a roll cage to meet NHRA stawndards

Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:26 AM
Well in his defence it is a convertable so a roll bar is required to even run it no matter how slow it is.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search