Getting there (The starting line) - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Getting there (The starting line)
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:46 PM
I've never taken my car to the track before and to be honest I really don't know how. Do I just go there and say I want to use the track, do most of them charge? If so, is it by the run? Do I have to have another car to race? No-one I talk to seems to know. Tons of questions I know, I did a search no results. Thanks!

Re: Getting there (The starting line)
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 8:36 PM
this is how it works for the track that i attend

you enter the track and there is a gate (just like a gate at an amusement park) and everyone goes through that gate

at the gate you will pay for entrance, prices for watching and racing are different and it's just a one time fee and you can then race all you want

get to the gate and pay your money and ask any questions, most tracks deal with newbies all the time

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:24 AM
Check this out, there's some good info for first timers:

FAQs

Also check out this list of tracks near you, maybe their websites will have more specfic info:

Chasin Racin

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:56 AM
I think that helped out a lot, thanks guys.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:45 PM
You'll probably have to go on a test and tune night or a grudge racing night.

Like other's said, go in the gate, pay, and then figure out where to go get tech'd in. They will tell you what class (if any) you'll be running in, maybe even tell you what lanes to line up in. They will also usually give you a tech card and put your number on the windsheild and one side window.

After that, just listen to the pa for your class or lanes to get called and have at it. Let me know if you need any more help/advice with the actual racing part. You might say i've done it a few times.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:06 PM
Any advice would be welcome, I've messed around on launching my car in parking lots and stuff, but I never had enough room to shift into third. Is it better to shift when the HP starts to decline, like 5600 rpm, or push it to the redline? I'm thinking redline because the shift wouldn't do too much good as you got to the end.
Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:13 AM
definitely redline it
I don't feel like explaining it because it's done in a multitude of other posts.

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Thursday, November 17, 2005 9:58 AM
yea it seems that redline words the best......

cuz if you early shift it's not really in the power band when the rpm's drop back down

Friday, November 18, 2005 12:23 PM
yeah, that makes sense
Friday, November 18, 2005 4:52 PM
just ask questions. people at the track i go to are nice and helpful

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, November 21, 2005 12:18 PM
I honestly have no idea what RPM I shift at. I know it's somewhere between just before redline and fuel shut off. I listen to the motor for the most part. I know I can hear when the car starts to "run out of room" in a gear and then I shift.

Sunday, November 27, 2005 11:51 AM
the starting line, i love that band
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search