predictions for my 1/4 mile after my parts. - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
predictions for my 1/4 mile after my parts.
Friday, November 18, 2005 1:06 PM
hey guys i usually dont "internet" track race but i just wanted to get a ballpark of what you guys predict i should be running around once my parts are all in. im running 14.1 now with those bad wrist pins which im not sure if they were robbing me of any track time or not and im ordering all these parts at once as soon as i get about 300 more dollars.

- wiseco stock bore OR 0.20 overbore pistons (wont know til i pull engine in a week)
- eagle h-beam rods
- mantapart race head or building up stock head for cheaper
- jbp s/c grind cams with high rev lifters (already came in the mail)
- 55 shot nitrous
- 2.5 exhaust (custom bending)

i already have:

- pacesetter header
- 2.25" exhaust
- engine mounts
- 59mm t/b
- short ram intake
- 40 shot nitrous
- 6psi stock pulley

my honest prediction is low 13's high 12's. i sure hope i can hit a high 12, thatd be real nice. any suggestions are welcome to guys because im droppin a pretty penny into my engine as you can see.

Re: predictions for my 1/4 mile after my parts.
Friday, November 18, 2005 4:14 PM
Quote:

my honest prediction is low 13's

That's if you have a plan for traction! Have fun!

Reasoning: [only bench racing here]

You're honestly only pushing out what? 210/215hp? 225/230hp tops! Nitro ran a 13.3 with a little more hp, less weight (considering his car was all stock besides nitrous), and drag radials. I think in my "2200@100shot" post he may have corrected me and you can check there for details in the nitrous forum.

So more realistically a mid 13sec run!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Friday, November 18, 2005 4:20 PM
*Sigh*...I love these "what should I run" threads.

Friday, November 18, 2005 4:28 PM
Well it depends on if you fall asleep while waiting for the lights to drop!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, November 18, 2005 4:49 PM
you can sit at the light for 10 minutes. it wont affect your time. now if you are bracket racing, thats another story.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, November 18, 2005 5:07 PM
/\ /\ /\ Um, yeah cause a 10 minute reaction time never hurt anyones 1/4 mile times.

Friday, November 18, 2005 6:59 PM
there are 2 clocks. one for your reaction one for your 1/4 time. the 1/4 one dont start until you leave the light

Friday, November 18, 2005 8:04 PM
He's right. R/T DOES NOT AFFECT YOU 1/4 TIME unless you are running in some kind of pro class/heads up.

Friday, November 18, 2005 9:10 PM
when did i say what my reaction time would be? i didnt.

im deffinatly going to run more than a mid 13, cams, competition head and alittle bigger nitrous shot better give me more than just mid 13's from a 14.1. i also have BFG DR im going to be using after all of this. i say more like a low 13 most likely.

Friday, November 18, 2005 9:18 PM
sorry for double posting but lack of edit button owns but who wants to pay....anyways

the cams alone should help the supercharger on top end since at higher speeds the car tends to lag some so that will help a great deal and cams with alittle bigger nitrous shot should be no lag at all on the top end and go straight up to 100+ without a problem.

and for the comment on 210hp, im most likely pushing alittle more than just that.

Friday, November 18, 2005 9:48 PM
Quote:

when did i say what my reaction time would be? i didnt.

i know this. i wasnt talking to you about RT

Friday, November 18, 2005 9:58 PM
Stay the hell away from Mantaprt if you like paying for something an actually getting it.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 11:14 AM
Guys didn't anyone see the (SIGH) I know how the timeing works I was kidding.
GEEZ!!

Good Luck at the track just make sure you stay awake.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 4:34 PM

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:58 AM
Jake wrote:17.9

x2

Friday, January 06, 2006 11:59 PM
For head work
www.the-race-shop.com
www.jbodyperformance.com

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Saturday, January 07, 2006 2:16 PM
17.9k < isn't that what mantapart charges for their head. lol Sell your blower and cancel the nitrous and put a nice big hybrid turbo on your car and order a head from turbotechracing not mantapart and you will hit 12's if your lucky and have a good tuning plan. Nitrous is nothing but a bomb and the gm supercharger is weak . No offense but it is a baby blower. Not intended for extreme track use. There is not one person running 12s with the m45 eaton and on top of that your automatic like me so good luck hitting 12s. I haven't yet and look at my mods. lol

01 Z24 Turbo /// First Reflashed Turbo AUTO MMMM YUMMY
Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:26 PM
i disagree with the gm charger being a baby blower. whats a "big boy" blower then? i hope to god its not one of the rsm kits. what you think im expecting JUST the charger to bring me into 12 range? no way man. i see that the fastest boosted 2.4 auto known on here is like a 13.64, im basically trying to beat that which hopefully i will. hell, ill be happy with a very low 13. If my tranny goes its no prob because i have another 40t40e sitting in my shop so the tranny isnt concerning me at all right now til it goes. im also waiting for hp tuners to finally release their 4 cylinder software so i can get my localshop to do a good tune on my car and help me out even more. im not expecting this low 13 or whatever til summer because after the rebuild i wont have much cash to upgrade the boost to 10psi with all the other goodies. we'll see what happens.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 8:44 PM
jsunfireGT2000 wrote:whats a "big boy" blower then?
Quote:

Ummm...technically it really is a "baby blower"....since I'm pretty sure it's the smallest roots type charger they make. A big boy blower? On a cavalier? Probably at least an M-62....but closer to an M-90.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 11:46 PM
I did not mean to offend your supercharger at all. I did not want to come across like that. All I am saying is that it is too small and can only be pushed so far. They should have went at least witha 62 or 90 as stated above. The best of luck to you.

01 Z24 Turbo /// First Reflashed Turbo AUTO MMMM YUMMY
Sunday, January 08, 2006 12:21 AM
yeah i admit, i am pissed that the gm charger maxes out at what, 12psi i think? but thats why im using nitrous of course to add onto that since the boost can only go so far and if im correct 10 psi on the charger w/o nitrous people are seeing 13.9-14.1's so with a 55 shot i should easily get mid 13's and with all that and my s/c grind cams and a good tune im hoping for low 13 and possibly high 12. im just seeing what all i can get out of this 2.4 boost auto.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 12:33 AM
i have a engine calculator on my computer thats real accurate if u can tell me exactly what your car weights with u in it i can tell u how much HP u need to run a 12.99 but my guess would be mid to high 13s assuming u hook up.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:43 AM
i think the car weights like 2644 stock and im 270 so say 2944 (rounded to 300). im running 14.1's now hooking up decently so i see a mid 13 would be easy to hit.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:55 AM
double post**

heres my upcoming build up install list, should be pretty strong

----------------------------------------------------------
engine stuff (NOW)

wiseco 0.20 overbore 9:1 pistons
eagle -h-beam rods
arp studs and bolts
clevite 77 all main and rod bearings
cometic head gasket
gm gasket set minus head gasket
2.3 oil pump conversion
jbp s/c grind cams
jbp high rev lifters
car customs valves
jbp retainers and spings
port and polished head
balanced crank and rotating assembly
other goodies....
-----------------------------------------------------------
nitrous stuff (NOW)

bottle heater
nitrous gauge

-------------------------------------------------------------
boost stuff coming this spring/summer

2.5" pulley 10 psi
walbro 255 fuel pump
440 cc injectors (possibly bigger)
alky injection

Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:11 PM
if the car weighs 2944 with u in it and u made 308HP at the wheels u could run a 12.99 at 103.6 MPH at least u know what the dyno needs to say in order to meet your goal go luck.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search