Take-Off - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Take-Off
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 4:56 AM
I was wondering what is the best way to take off at the strip, just hold the brake and then floor it or stall the car against the converter then floor it?

Re: Take-Off
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:01 PM
well you have an auto or manual?
you need to fill out your profile there dude.

in my auto i just hold the brake, rev it to about 2500 rpm. then when the light turns green i floor it

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:41 PM
well if he has a converter then its an auto

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Thursday, November 24, 2005 8:09 PM
I would also like to know the answer of this question.
Thursday, November 24, 2005 8:16 PM
if its an auto yes then just mash the brake to the floor then the gas, when the light turns green let off the brake and mash the gas

The one, the only, ME.
Monday, November 28, 2005 11:11 AM
I've got an auto cavi 3.1L, I havent raced on the track yet but have raced from a few red lights, I've tried the break it and get the rpm up to 2500-3000 range, it really dont work for me, as soon as I let off the break and floor it I don nothing but smoke the tires and dont get great traction to get up and go. now I just sit at the light with my foot on the break and let the car sit idle, when i get ready to go i give it about half gas to get the tires moving and then floor it, it barks the tires sometimes doing that but the tires have awsome traction and all the power is glued to the road and I take off.

Thats prolly not the greatest way to get a good start but i know what works best for my car. I need to get to the track soon and get my times, it'll be like watching a race in slow motion but I'll only go there to see what it can do not to compete aginst anyone.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 4:20 PM
You need to learn how high you put the rpms to while doing the brake and gas... here is a little video of a Auto car launching at the track ahah yes slightly different car but same idea, some times there was too much gas and other times it was perfect...

http://www.gnttype.org/media/gnxvette.MPG

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 4:22 PM
ahhh @!#$ i posted the wrong video.... and the one i want isnt working... sorry

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search