Anybody live dangerously? - Racing Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Anybody live dangerously?
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 12:45 PM
Ok, so this is my first post, but you seem to be a very knowledgeable, friendly site.

So I'd like to invite you guys to visit a site:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/Trite86/banner.gif

Street Racing Lounge (http://www.streetracinglounge.com/forum)

So, I know you guys don't like streetracing, but we aren't 100mph in traffic retards, and some of you must like the occasional run on a deserted street. We're all about this sort of safe road racing, so I'd like you guys to visit.

Ok so I hope to see you guys around there...

Re: Anybody live dangerously?
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 1:13 PM
Interesting I will check it out.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 1:33 PM
This should be in VS. forum not here. I thought this one was for legit raceing.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 2:29 PM
Racing Forum
Autocross (Auto-X), Drag Racing, Road and Track Racing spoken here. Street racing, on the other hand, is NOT spoken here. This forum is for legal racing only.

Another "oooh we're street racers, we're so cool come check us out" post.... get lost deadbeat.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 4:24 PM
I agree.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 6:27 PM
Callum Whiteley wrote:So, I know you guys don't like streetracing, but we aren't 100mph in traffic retards, and some of you must like the occasional run on a deserted street. We're all about this sort of safe road racing, so I'd like you guys to visit.

answer this one question. when has street racing ever been safe?

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:13 PM
Ok... safe STREET racing, haha.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 8:36 AM
So your saying that a deserted straight road with only you and your opponent on it at 1AM carries more risk than you guys face racing on a track?
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:00 AM
English Man wrote:So your saying that a deserted straight road with only you and your opponent on it at 1AM carries more risk than you guys face racing on a track?

Very much so.

by racing on the street you add a good amount of risks, for example:
-possibility of pedestrians.
-other cars, a street is used, there is no such thing as a deserted street. A car comes thru a cross road and your going way to fast.....congradulations now your a murder as well as a street racer. deserted does not mean blocked off, it mens you "think" your the only 2 people.
-no nearby medical assistance.
-unmaintained roads
and many more...

Like many here I consider street racing beneath me. I have absolutely no desire to prove anything to anyone on the street. I live for autocrossing, and have a great time knowing that no one is going to get hurt because my car has been inspected, and the lot has been blocked off, I have absolutely no fear of opening my car up to its full potential, and as a bonus there are no cops to worry about.

Street racers are scum, and the majority of them arn't even street racers, just fan boys who arn't old enough to drive claiming to be one.

-Chris

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:51 AM
Safe street racing

Military Intelligence

They're all oxymorons.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:54 AM
English Man wrote:So your saying that a deserted straight road with only you and your opponent on it at 1AM carries more risk than you guys face racing on a track?

Ummm yea. Can I get a DUHHHH.

Track= Ambulance 30 seconds away

Gaurantees only you and your opponent

If anybody gets hurt its not gonna be collateral damage.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:08 PM
Guys why do you bother? You know its like talking to a wall with these "safe" street racers.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:20 PM
So us wanting to have some fun without paying large sums of money and drive miles to a track, in what we consider a safe way is totally wrong?

Your a set of idiots if you think I believe your all law abiding drivers. Having said that, this is a cavailer forum, so I suppose its hard not to be.

Considering your all hardened track racers, Its rather ironic that us idiot street racers have a lot of people that are seemingly a damn site faster in the quater and could thrash you autocross wise as well.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:38 PM
Never said I was a perfect driver, doubt I ever will be. But got news for you I'm a hell of lot smarter then any street racer, as are the others that have posted here. Why not go back to VS. forum their Speed Racer no one here wants to hear about your triumphs in stupidity.

Notice the difference there ? Never said YOU were stupid, just the foolish actions you choose to engage in.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:40 PM
MODS, Please either lock this thread which is clearly in violation of forum rules or move it to the VS. forum where it belongs.

This one is for LEGAL raceing done on tracks NOT some kid who thinks he can run down a Porsche.

Thank You.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:58 PM
Whatever. I've done exactly what I set out to achieve.
I never accused you of calling me stupid, or claiming I can out run any form of porsche. Not like anyone else on here can is it?

On a vaguely related note, since when has street racing been mutually exclusive in regards to other forms of motorsport?
We have lots of people who race frequently on the track and better the jesus loving 'oh no I might run over a weed' types.

14.89 sucks, btw.
http://www.streetracinglounge.com/forum
Now, all powerful moderator men, Do what you will with my thread, and, to be honest, my account, then return to destroying Hondas (On the track, of course) in your all powerful J-bodies!
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:05 PM
English Man wrote:So us wanting to have some fun without paying large sums of money and drive miles to a track, in what we consider a safe way is totally wrong?

Your a set of idiots if you think I believe your all law abiding drivers. Having said that, this is a cavailer forum, so I suppose its hard not to be.

Considering your all hardened track racers, Its rather ironic that us idiot street racers have a lot of people that are seemingly a damn site faster in the quater and could thrash you autocross wise as well.

Yes, it IS wrong. Is it against the law? Yes.... then i guess its "wrong" too huh? Just because you consider it to be safe doesn't mean it IS safe. And seriously, if you can't afford the $30 max it costs for a track night once a week, how did you afford to make your car so much faster than everyone else on this site? Wait til you get busted and have to pay over a thousand dollars in lawyer fees, court fees, and fines just for your first offense. Or better yet, wait for the wrongful death lawsuit after you or one of your idiot friends goes out of control and takes someone out. Then we'll see how much you think a track admission fee is a "large sum of money". The only idiot here is you, the little teenage punk that comes on here, apparently illiterate, and supporting this garbage. Now get off the computer and go watch The Fast and the Furious a few more times while you beat off to Vin Diesel.

Lock it up, please

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:10 PM
Illiterate? Seriously man, your running short on insults aren't you?

I thought you could have done better. Also, if you overcome your fears of our satanic ideals, and look at the site, you would realise that it was created in order to move away from the f&f image that has been implanted into the minds of hundreds of small children, soccer moms, and apparently, you as well.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:38 PM
Apparently I am working on borrowed time, so I say farewell to you gods of track racing.

When I recieve the apparently inevitable ban, I shall, of course, continue to visit the site. When I am told by the forum (which is of a bland design by the way) that I am banned from your hallowed web pages, I will break down, and, frankly, cry all over my computer screen.

Seeking comfort, I shall go to my room, pull out my copy of F&F from its hidden position, and cheer my self up by jacking off over a well built bald man.
On a related note, watch the obitchuary for my iminent death.
I assure you, it will be as a result of exhaustion from my pubescent masterbation, not an idiocy induced fireball.

At this point in time I thank you for your hospitality. Can I just say that J-bodies in general suck for any form of racing, track or otherwise.
http://www.streetracinglounge.com

I think my time may have just run out, for I have, alas, faced up to the reality that I am trolling. Good bye Jesus lovers.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:41 PM
Yeeees, Because street raceing is Sooo safe ( eyez ) Look coming from someone WHO has indeed owned cars that could easily walk away from Porshces
anytime I wanted to it doesn't matter. I don't feel the need to go out to some deserted street in the middle of nowhere to race. Its silly and the risk IF you have an actualy fast car is too great. Take for example my old Firebird, 11.30 quarter miles @ 133 mph.
Top speed was just a tick more then 180mph So please don't try and say that noone here has or knows what a fast car is cause unless your out doing my old Bird then you
don't know what fast is.

Look I'm not gonna lecture you on the stupidity of street raceing cause I know you'll never listen. The great Vin Diesel has yet another loyal follower.

( shakes head, throws hands up in the air, turns and walks away )

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:43 PM
Yes we may suck but YOU swallow.

Thank you and Good Night.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:46 PM
SAFE Street Racing

Now there's a contradiction in terms.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:57 PM
so can we get a lock on this thread so this guy can stop advertising his crappy site?

English Man wrote:Ok, so this is my first post, but you seem to be a very knowledgeable, friendly site.

That's why we don't street race, because were knowledgable

English Man wrote:Considering your all hardened track racers, Its rather ironic that us idiot street racers have a lot of people that are seemingly a damn site faster in the quater and could thrash you autocross wise as well.

I'm sure that there are more than enough people here who would love to prove you wrong on both accounts, at a legal sanctioned speed event, so when your car explodes because you can't afford to go to a track, you obviously can't afford quality reliable parts, there will be an ambulance nearby to rush you off to the hospital.

.....in before the lock....

-Chris

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:06 PM
LOCK !

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:28 PM
LOCK!! OH PLEASE LOCK!!

98 Z24

RIP Specks
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search