track time ok?? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
track time ok??
Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:27 PM
I am a new member and i will get more of the times like my 60' and such but i ran a 10.16 in the 1/8th is that good??

Re: track time ok??
Friday, December 23, 2005 9:04 AM
What mods do you have done? You can check my reg but in the 1/8 I'm running a

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, December 23, 2005 11:04 AM
Yeah, thats a pretty good time for a begginer.

Jackalope's times are much better/lower than average. + he has a ported and polished head. so it will be a while till you see numbers like that.

Keep it up. and practice launching. It's tricky in a front wheel drive car and a manual tranny.

It would also help if we knew what kind of car you drive. You have nothing in your profile. I mean... if you drive an automatic 2200 then that time is great!. but if your in a 5 speed with either an Eco or a 2.4 then that is pretty much an average time for our cars.

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Friday, December 23, 2005 3:19 PM
If you want to go fast in the 1/4 buy a v8 or a turbocharged import. Spending money on a car to make it less slow defeats the point at least in my eyes.
Just consider this, do you really want to sacrifice the reliability you have and still not be able to compete with faster cars that are completely stock? Because there are a whole lot of cars that easily run in the low 14s stock which can be put well into the 13s without putting a hole in you're wallet.

Im sure you know all of this though.
Friday, December 23, 2005 3:26 PM
Hmm odd forget what I said I was just reading through the other threads here it seems you all know you're cars wont be super fast so happy modding.
Friday, December 23, 2005 7:21 PM
super fast huh? like top fuel dragster fast? or Dodge Neon srt 4 fast?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, December 24, 2005 4:27 PM
Sorry I have been away from the computer 4 awhile. I drive a 04 cav 2dr 5sd with 17" wheels. STREET RACING IS DUMB, I LOST A FRIEND TO IT
Monday, December 26, 2005 10:23 AM
Well the first thing you NEED to do is ditch the 17's when you go to the track. they can't get the traction that a 15 can + they useualy are heavier. Find some nice steelies and drop the tire presure to about 20 - 25 psi. that should help. At least you have a 5 spd so you can launch around 3 grand. You keep working on it and you'll be faster before too long.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search